2 months since ND, no FP appointment

Sommerbeam

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the time to help me solving this problem.

It has been 2 months since I got the ND. I am supposed to get a FP appointment. Nothing so far. I tried to call 1-800 number and schedule appointment by myself but I really can not reach a person to speak to.
I went through all the whole system menu - nothing. :(

How do you do that?

Thank you so much

I am not worried about it

that is how INS works. My NOA is earlier than yours and I haven't got FP either, but I got AP and my LUD of EAD is 1/11/06. I dont need EAD that bad, so I will just take it easy.

Thank you, zhm,

sorry for the stupid question but what LUD stands for? What is your DO as well? Mine is Orlando, FL - probably the slowest in the US.

I read here in the forum people call the Immigrations and schedule appointments. I want to do the same, but no luck. :eek:

your welcome

LUD means latest update date. It doesn't matter where your DO is, our EAD applications are both in Missouri NBC, you will not get iEAD by walking into your DO before the 90 days frame.

Sommerbean: don't worry, give it at least 30 more days. Most likely you will get something before those 90 days are up.

I also sent everything to Chicago Lockbox and MSC/NBC sent me NOAS a few weeks later. My ND is 11/9. I was also waiting and getting all depressed when suddenly I got biometrics appt only for i-485. Now, I live in West Palm Beach, FL and it is supposed to be fast with "interviews/i-485", but thats completely different about i-765 since it's NBC/MSC the one who takes care of that. Currently waiting for i-765 biometrics appointment and I also had an LUD 1/11/06.. from what I have seen, in 7 business days after that LUD I may get biometrics appointment.. we will see.

Just wait patiently, before the 90th day you will get biometric appointments in the mail.

Fingerprinting Delay

Below is one of my post in previous thread.......
......I want to share my fingerprinting experience with you guys. My I 485,765,130 have receipt date of 10/05/2005, RFE (medical) -10/24/05, medical RD 11/09/05 thereafter I had some LUD on 485 and 765
Never got biometrics appointment notice, called 1-800….. I was told to wait for the fingerprinting appointment notice. Tried to make InfoPass appointment with Orlando, but it was turned off/not available. Drove 1hr 20min to Orlando was not allowed to see immigration officer without InfoPass.
I called the 1-800 number again, I was told to either write National Benefit Center to request that biometrics appointment notice should be sent to me or wait till after 90 days to call back.
I wrote a letter to NBC and made InfoPass appointment to another D.O instead of Orlando on 12/20/05. On 12/21/05 went to the D.O and the officer told me my EAD was approved already though I never received any biometrics appointment. She signed my 485 & 765 Receipt Notices and told me to do the biometrics at the district office. After it was done, they told me I should get my EAD within 14 days. Status changed online same day that your EAD was approved and new card was ordered.
On 12/22/05 status changed to we mailed out your approval notice. I’m waiting for safe delivery of the card now.
I don’t know when they intended on sending biometrics appointment to me if I had not gone to the district office.

Davidyoung
....Update....
I recieved a notice for biometrics appointment few days ago. The appointment is scheduled for 01/21 , I was contemplating on not doing it again, but I stopped by Application Support Center on Semoran, Orlando today and got it done again.
Now I've done the same thing twice. I already got the EAD card shortly after I got the fingerprinting done in Jax.
..... I will advice you guys to stop waiting and make infoPass appointment or just stop by the Application Support Center. They are always less busy anyway and get your fingerprint done. Your EAD might be approved already, like mine which was approved on 12/16 and never got any notice for fingerprinting until January and the valid from date on my EAD is 12/16 ....

davidyoung said:
Below is one of my post in previous thread.......
......I want to share my fingerprinting experience with you guys. My I 485,765,130 have receipt date of 10/05/2005, RFE (medical) -10/24/05, medical RD 11/09/05 thereafter I had some LUD on 485 and 765
Never got biometrics appointment notice, called 1-800….. I was told to wait for the fingerprinting appointment notice. Tried to make InfoPass appointment with Orlando, but it was turned off/not available. Drove 1hr 20min to Orlando was not allowed to see immigration officer without InfoPass.
I called the 1-800 number again, I was told to either write National Benefit Center to request that biometrics appointment notice should be sent to me or wait till after 90 days to call back.
I wrote a letter to NBC and made InfoPass appointment to another D.O instead of Orlando on 12/20/05. On 12/21/05 went to the D.O and the officer told me my EAD was approved already though I never received any biometrics appointment. She signed my 485 & 765 Receipt Notices and told me to do the biometrics at the district office. After it was done, they told me I should get my EAD within 14 days. Status changed online same day that your EAD was approved and new card was ordered.
On 12/22/05 status changed to we mailed out your approval notice. I’m waiting for safe delivery of the card now.
I don’t know when they intended on sending biometrics appointment to me if I had not gone to the district office.

Davidyoung
....Update....
I recieved a notice for biometrics appointment few days ago. The appointment is scheduled for 01/21 , I was contemplating on not doing it again, but I stopped by Application Support Center on Semoran, Orlando today and got it done again.
Now I've done the same thing twice. I already got the EAD card shortly after I got the fingerprinting done in Jax.
..... I will advice you guys to stop waiting and make infoPass appointment or just stop by the Application Support Center. They are always less busy anyway and get your fingerprint done. Your EAD might be approved already, like mine which was approved on 12/16 and never got any notice for fingerprinting until January and the valid from date on my EAD is 12/16 ....

That's wierd. I thought that approval of EAD was contingent of a biometics appointment and a succesfull fingerprint check...

Re:That's wierd

I know it's kind of weird not even b'cos my fingerprint was not taken before the approval of EAD, but b'cos of the date that was on my EAD and the date they scheduled me for biometrics.
One thing you should know is, EAD does not require any fingerprinting check(background/FBI). As long as you have a pending AOS , you're qualify for EAD and the fingerprint taken for the EAD is just for the print on the card. The AOS fingerprint is the more thorough fingerprinting which involves 10 fingers and they use that purposely for backgound check.
I have a friend that was on F1 and when he was graduating from Nursing school. He just submitted his EAD application and passport photos with the school and no fingerprinting was done and no fingerprint on his card.

----Note--------Note--------Note--------Note--------Note--------Note----
Please note that I'm not a lawyer and my post are based solely on my personal experience and stuff that I read.

I had an EAD when I was on F-1 and I did not go for any fingerprints, My EAD said finger print not available.

Well, yes, I also have an EAD from my F1 but I was wondering if I can start working off campus while waiting for the real EAD?

here is how you can reach an operator to speak to

call (800)375-5283 and then press the following numbers:
1,2,6,2,4 one by one after listening the recordings in between. you will get the operator.

Sommerbeam said:
Well, yes, I also have an EAD from my F1 but I was wondering if I can start working off campus while waiting for the real EAD?

You can only work legally outside your school after your EAD has been approved.

If your EAD is b/c of your F-1 OPT then (legally) youcan only work for the company you mentioned in your application.

If your EAD is from pending AOS/485 then AFTER it has been appoved you can (Legally) work for anyone.

Actually, only CPT needs to address what company you will be working for. OPT, you can work anywhere (keywords here) AS LONG AS YOUR EMPLOYER FEELS YOUR DEGREE IS APPLICABLE FOR THE JOB AND YOUR DEGREE IS RELATED TO THE JOB.

I have a B.S. in Business Admin with concentrations in MIS and Finance. I worked at a small company outside of Washington, DC for 4 months before I got another job at a major consulting company. I have no problem with employment because my degree is related to both jobs.

My first job was MIS Coordinator, and my second job is high MIS-related as well.

Good luck with your F-1 OPT.