2 month passed, still waiting for the notice

Eman-Resu

Registered Users (C)
I mailed N-400 to VSC at the end of December, 2006, but
have not received _anything_ from them yet.

Yes, my check was cleared. Yes, I called USCIS. Three times, in fact.
Every time I called, they said that it was normal processing time and
that my case was ok. They even gave me the notice
number. One of representatives kept on saying: "patience, patience, my
friend. It's just two months".

Does anybody have any idea why it can take so long ?

Thanks

--

Does you cancelled check have EAC or 13 digit number depending on center you filed number on it?You should be able to track things with that number.

The check was not canceled. It was cashed.
VSC printed a number on the check. I was told the
same number over the phone.

Online status says that the receipt number cannot be found.
My understanding is that status webpage is not reliable source of information.

--

I believe I typed it correctly (ESC*00XXXXXXX).
Anyway, I called them and they had confirmed that
they received my mail, but receipt letter was not sent to me yet.

--

Make an Info. Pass appointment and talk to the information officer. I had the same experience. Did not receive anything for 2+ months and finally at the appointment the officer was kind enough to call VSC and find out what was really happening while I stood at the window.

So if you are lucky and talk to someone at the Info. Pass appointment you might get to the bottom of the issue, if there are any, with your application.

In my opinion you have waited long enough to get the receipt notice and should stop calling the service center and talk to someone at your local DO.

Check your mailing address with them. Same thing had happened with me. My check was cleared and I was just waiting for FP notice. then I called them & asked the officer to verify my mailing address & they had put a wrong zip code in it & mailed to that address. I never got the first FP notice, then they corrected the address and I got the FP notice in 1 week.

my experience..