2 different applications for the same asylum situation. 1 approved the other denied

Katcas

Hi all,

My family and I applied for asylum, I had to submit my application by myself cause at the time of the filing I was already 21. My siblings and parents applied together. We had the same case basically, we got different interviews, I got mine first and my asylum was approved and my family got their interview 2 months after and we just received the news that it was deferred to an immigration judge which in my head it makes no sense if mine was approved. Any insights

Same situation, same case. Different applicants and different asylum officers can lead to different results.
Even in the same situation, same case, same applicant, same asylum officer, BUT different days can also lead to different results, because people's feelings, moods and emotions are always changeable.

In immigration court, different Immigration Judges, different government lawyers, can also lead to different results.
The same immigration judge and the same government lawyer, but different days can also lead to different results.

Even the immigration lawyer does not know the outcome of the case.