180 days

vijayvenugopal

Registered Users (C)
I read on this board about the 180 day law was confirmed by a top immi attorney...
to recap
it is ok to change employers after 180 days of filing 485 (adter oct 17 00 atleast)
qualms are,
1. what if the 140 petition is withdrawn by the sponseting employer
2. what if the 485 is denied
3. How to go about proving INS that the new job is in the same job desc as the petitioned one
4. am i required to go back to the sponsering company after GC approval
5. what if the new company pays me 200 k as opposed to the old company paying me a paltry 20 k, the labor condition was approved per that region and that pay...i have gained exp in the meantime and people would like to pay more now...how to go about explaining to INS!!!

my case is I filed 485 on Jan 06 01, ND is Jan 12 01. Also got my EAD at local INS office (Jan 13 01). category is EB2 India. does the 180 days law help me in any way. thanks for all the messages.

vijay

No Title

What about cases filed before Oct.2000? This 180 day policy doesn\'t apply to such cases? Any inputs from INS on this?

No Title

Yes, it would, but it is not clear as to how the new rule is going to be implemented. But since you have to wait till the middle of July, anyway, you can hope that things will be clear by the time you become eligible to use the new law to your benefit....