180 days rule seems to be active for Consular Processing

ProActive

Registered Users (C)
Check the following post in the \'I485 Issues\' ProActive "Important New Development Regarding 180 Days Rule" 6/13/01 12:15am">"Important New Development Regarding 180 Days Rule" 6/13/01 12:15am and see the initial information on imminfo.com in the discussion group area.

Based on my understanding it looks like the CP Officers will start taking into account he 180 days rule.

Good luck!

Note: the software on this site seems to edit internal links in the posts, this is why the first link looks so strange.

No Title

Given the current situation with the likely extension of section 245(i) and all the priority dates being current the CP way starts to become increasingly interesting. Personally I am stuck waiting for interview notice from local office. Since I have to do an interview anyway ...

Nobody knows what\'s on the INS/DOS mind. However it seems to me that allowing the 180 days rule with consular processing is \'safer\' from their point of view as you are still on H1 status instead of being on the less restrictive EAD. Also during the CP interview you are out of the country which may make them feel more in control of your destiny.

Comments welcome!