180 Days Job Change not possible if FP done ?

MB140

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I just read that if the FP procedure is done within 180 days, then one cannot change the current job ? I thought one can change jobs as long as the 484 is not "adjudicated" meaning "either approved or denied" ...
Thx in advance for any info..

MB140: RD:03/08, ND: 03/14 FP:08/22

On the immihelp website Discussiob Board

NoGCforYRs,
Did you try researching about this?
MB140

Dont worry

Hi !

I changed my job after 180 days (my 485 ND is 12/1/00 - FP Done on 4/25/01). Before I changed I consulted 3 different attroneys(groups). One of them is the well known Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy (www.fragomen.com) and they confirmed that I CAN change my job after 180 days from the ND of 485 (ie., June 1st 2001). I did send them all the details like the job descriptions of the old and new jobs, salary info and position details. I also mentioned to them that my FP are done. So my friend donot worry about this. Also if you want to change your job (if there is no other go) then talk to your attorney and your new company. They are the ones who should cooperate with you . Your old company generally doesnot gain anything at this stage by cancelling your process (even though they cannot do it after the AC21 law). So if you want to leave your present GC sponsor do it on nice terms with them.

You kinda confused me too... a lot of people say a lot of things. So act wisely..by taking the right and correct ideas !!

PS. This is my experience only - so please act at your own risk

Good Luck

Indiana Jones, Thx a lot for the info

Thx a lot for your very helpful info. I am forced to change my job to a permanent offer from a client where I am contracting. The contracting company cannot say "no" to this as per the contract, but I wanted to make sure that the above rumour at immihelp.com is not correct. Thx very much once again...

MB140

Re: Information totally wrong

Sivadasan,
I never said that the information is correct. Just read about this on the immihelp Board and wanted to know if it is true...Nevertheless thanks for being a part of this discussion. Helped me clear up things before I take the crucial step..

MB140

Response to Perm Res

Perm Res,

Even I am confused with his RD/ND thing. But as per my knowledge RD is something INS doesnot care about. Thats why when your 485 is approved the approval notice is contains RD = your ND. No where else except on your 485 receipt notice your RD is mentioned. Every where else they talk about ND. When you call INS to check your status it tells you the ND ... right ? So I think to play it safe (as ND is mostly a later date than the RD) better follow the ND. I hope this helps. Again please note that this is my opinion !

Good Luck