180 day rule for dummies: Clarification wanted.

Yang_TaranG

Registered Users (C)
What exactly is the 180 day rule for 485? Here is the case scenario:

1. Lost job 1 months after applied for 485. What is his/her status now?

2. 180 rule is for INS, if INS cannot adjudicate case within 180 days, then the petitioner can move to different job. Is that true?

3. If an employee quit his job ( not terminated) before 180 days, what are the consequences?

4. If one swicthes/terminates the job, how does he/she transer the case to his own lawer?

I beleive this will be clear up lots of confusion that we all have.

No body has clear idea about this.. I am also searching the answere if anyone can quit job before 18

My understanding...

1. Lost job 1 months after applied for 485. What is his/her status now?
      Valid Status. Wait till you get EAD and search for new job with same discription.

2. 180 rule is for INS, if INS cannot adjudicate case within 180 days, then the petitioner can move to different job. Is that true?
        Yes, you can change the job next day itself, provided ( hoping, most SC ) INS didnot adjudicate case within 180. Safer side wait for 6 months.

3. If an employee quit his job ( not terminated) before 180 days, what are the consequences?
     Same answer in Q2. If you go for Citizenship,you may have some problem..( not sure)

4. If one swicthes/terminates the job, how does he/she transer the case to his own lawer?
     Send a G8 ( I think ) to INS

***I beleive this will be clear up lots of confusion that we all have!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????.
     FYI....there is no clear guidance about AC21 from INS...so the final thing is we all come back to square one....What happen when....bla bla bla.....

LOL

Rames

We all know about those what Rames wrote... but no leagl guidelines from INS yet.

AC21 Rules are not clear so advantage to lawyer

When rules are not clear your lawyer can interpret in any way. That\'s good for us. Only thing is you have to have good attorney.

habib1 You are a cartoon !!!

In the First post you say you are searching for an answer,
in the second you say there is no Guidelines from INS.
When you know that there is no Guidelines yet from INs what are you searching for ???
For some sense ?????

futuregrene you are presentmoron...

I am searching if anyone knows any legitimate INS guidelines.. so far no one.. by the way thanks to stalk me... you are becoming another pathetic character or looser like ric2.

No Title

An Englishman, an American and habib are called upon to test a lie detector . The Englishman says:
"I think I can empty 20 bottles of beer". BUZZZZZZ, goes the lie detector.
"Ok", he says, "10 bottles".
And the machine is silent.
The American says: "I think I can eat 15 hamburgers".
BUZZZZZZ, goes the lie detector.
"Allright, 8 hamburgers".
And the machine\'s silent.
habib says:
"I think...",
BUZZZZZZ goes the machine.

Always play safe if not clear

Change/quit job only if you have to -- you must have a good lawyer then. Consult your lawyer, never make any move based on some answers here in this forum...