16 months since n400 filed, 2 months since interview, no oath notice.

AnyTimeNow

Registered Users (C)
My n400 application receipt number starts with IOE with receipt date May 2016. I have had delays in every steps of the way starting from delayed biometrics (3 months), super-delayed interview (11 months) and now it has been 2 months since interview and still no oath ceremony scheduled.

To expand on the situation, I was scheduled for interview once before the actual interview but sent back from the San Jose interview location with reason that my FBI background check was still pending. I contacted my senator office and was then scheduled for the interview which went well and the officer told me that she was recommending me for citizenship. 20 days later I DID receive oath ceremony notice but next day I received oath ceremony cancellation notice. I talked to my senator office again, filed uscis service request online, and spoke with level 2 officer at uscis on phone, and they just say that FBI check is still pending. It has been 2 months since interview now. What are my options? How bad is this? Do I need to go for another interview? Since uscis online status check says "oath scheduled", does that mean that I am approved and just have to wait? but how long? Thanks

Anything unusual about your background? I mean the definition of unusual has definitely changed in today's America, but still.

What country are you from?

I know what you mean. I am in no way on uscis radar by country, religion or background... I have been living in US, working, filing taxes since 2000, LPR since 2004.

I believe it's just those cases randomly picked for extended checks. My question is what are my options if uscis is just taking too much time to decide on my case? How bad this could be if anyone else has had similar experience. Interestingly, after the interview they did approve my case, it's not like they said they could not make decision, but they are not scheduling the oath ceremony.

I discussed my situation online with few lawyers, and they have suggested to wait 120 days after the interview and then file a case against uscis.

I know what you mean. I am in no way on uscis radar by country, religion or background... I have been living in US, working, filing taxes since 2000, LPR since 2004.

I believe it's just those cases randomly picked for extended checks. My question is what are my options if uscis is just taking too much time to decide on my case? How bad this could be if anyone else has had similar experience. Interestingly, after the interview they did approve my case, it's not like they said they could not make decision, but they are not scheduling the oath ceremony.

I discussed my situation online with few lawyers, and they have suggested to wait 120 days after the interview and then file a case against uscis.

I'm in a similar situation (stuck in background check). However, I'm still stuck in the interview stage. I was scheduled for N400 interview at San Jose back in June,2017 , but on the day of the interview I was sent back. Reason; File did not make to the filed office, but a week later after calling 1800# I was informed about background check still pending. I have recently contacted senators office as well and hoping it might will help speed things up . On the side note, I have also contacted Ombudsman office (not very hopefully though) and have also filed request with FOIA. My last resort will be to file Writ Of Mandamus but I want to exhaust all my legal resources before I take that route. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

I would suggest to wait 120 days, since they have to make the decision by law. So you are in much better situation to take legal action if decision is not made in timely manner. It is also stated on your N400 approval letter handed to you after the interview. Good luck!

Contacting my senator office moved my case to interview completed. Now my senator office says they can't help with scheduling oath ceremony because background check it pending. I guess I will wait 120 days after interview then file Writ Of Mandamus....?

I'm in a similar situation (stuck in background check). However, I'm still stuck in the interview stage. I was scheduled for N400 interview at San Jose back in June,2017 , but on the day of the interview I was sent back. Reason; File did not make to the filed office, but a week later after calling 1800# I was informed about background check still pending. I have recently contacted senators office as well and hoping it might will help speed things up . On the side note, I have also contacted Ombudsman office (not very hopefully though) and have also filed request with FOIA. My last resort will be to file Writ Of Mandamus but I want to exhaust all my legal resources before I take that route. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

I would suggest to wait 120 days, since they have to make the decision by law. So you are in much better situation to take legal action if decision is not made in timely manner. It is also stated on your N400 approval letter handed to you after the interview. Good luck!
how did you resolve your case, i am in the same situation .oath ceremony cancelled and still no update after 120 days