140 approved, returned to india, applying for b1

an_mahajan

Registered Users (C)
hi

I returned to India in 2010. My US employer had filed for my GC and I have my 140 approved. I do not have 485 approved.

My current employer in India wants me to go to US for a few business meetings on B1. Will my approved 140 create any issues in getting B1?

Please help

Quite likely. You have demonstrated immigrant intent which is contrary to the requirements for B1.

Does your current employer know your US immigration plans? I find it odd that an employer would send a person who would be likely to look for a new job during the trip based in previously demonstrated immigration filings.

Quite likely. You have demonstrated immigrant intent which is contrary to the requirements for B1.

Does your current employer know your US immigration plans? I find it odd that an employer would send a person who would be likely to look for a new job during the trip based in previously demonstrated immigration filings.

Thanks for replying.
Yes my current employer knows about it. I returned with the intent of staying in India and my past employer did not cancel by GC process.

The regulations also require consultation opinion and/or reference letters that evidence how you have risen to the very top of your field and describe your abilities and accomplishments in the field of endeavor. In addition the employer must explain the nature of the duties that you are to perform and why the position requires the services of an individual possessing extraordinary ability.