140 and 485 approved

sameer89

Registered Users (C)
140 and 485 approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,
just got emails from USCIS saying I140 is approved, 485 for me and my wife is also approved.

Here is my history.

EB2 substitution.
RD 140 and 485 14th oct 2004.
Name check cleared for wife on Nov 4th
Fingerprinting done around same time
Name check cleared for wife on Jan 7th

Had couple of LUDs in 1st week of August for 485 for me and wife and now got the emails

Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!

Could you let us know about your name check experience please. Did you email FBI/USCIS or contacted Congressman/Senator?

Enjoy your freedom!

There is not much to post actually. Sometime in the last couple of months I called up the CSC emergency number and I just tried my luck and asked the person whether my name check has been cleared or not and she said that it has been cleared on so and so date and then I sent an email to FBI just to re-confirm this was in Feb and I received a reply couple of days back that for my wife it has been cleared on so and so date and for me on so and o date. I didn't contact any senator. Maybe I might have sent the email to FBI once or twice I don't remember. All the best to you and all others in this forum.

sameer89 said:
There is not much to post actually. Sometime in the last couple of months I called up the CSC emergency number and I just tried my luck and asked the person whether my name check has been cleared or not and she said that it has been cleared on so and so date and then I sent an email to FBI just to re-confirm this was in Feb and I received a reply couple of days back that for my wife it has been cleared on so and so date and for me on so and o date. I didn't contact any senator. Maybe I might have sent the email to FBI once or twice I don't remember. All the best to you and all others in this forum.
HI Sameer,
What number did you call.
If its 800-375-5283, how were you able to talk to a person?(I only get automated messages!)

Thanks

emergency number?

sameer89 said:

Hi Nato,
Yes I am talking about the emergency number which I don't have right now. But even if you call the 1-800 you can actually speak to a person through different options etc but they are totally useless and they don't anything except what is shown online. If you can extract any info from the emergency no then it is good.

sameer89 said:
Hi Nato,
Yes I am talking about the emergency number which I don't have right now. But even if you call the 1-800 you can actually speak to a person through different options etc but they are totally useless and they don't anything except what is shown online. If you can extract any info from the emergency no then it is good.

but when i call the emergency number they ask me to ask my lawyer to call and they won't entertain me.

GC_RD_April said:
but when i call the emergency number they ask me to ask my lawyer to call and they won't entertain me.

I think it depends on whether you're questioning 140 or 485.
For 485, you can ask questions but I was told that I should have
my lawyer or company to question anything regarding 140....

You said email enquiry..what is INS email address ?
Do they reply to email enquiry for I140 ?

fdfd said:
I think it depends on whether you're questioning 140 or 485.
For 485, you can ask questions but I was told that I should have
my lawyer or company to question anything regarding 140....

For me they replied to my email inquiry for 485 in which basically they didn't give any info. When you call the emergency no it is all luck and I think initially some of the representatives used to entertain people like but now they have stopped that too. So if you call even for 485 they will ask you to ome through. However you can get answers through e-mail. I think however you should make the email short so as not to irk them too much. Anyway best of luck to all of you guys.

correction

I think in my excitement I did a mistake in copy paste. The line should read
Name check cleared for self on Jan 7th