140 and 1485 question.

gkjack

Registered Users (C)
My LC is approved after 18months. And my H1 6year limit is going to expire on NOV 2003. Iam from NSC center. I have following questions.

1. Should i just file 140 , 1485 concurently and EAD only.

2. Should i file 140, 1485 concurently and H1 7th year extension also.

3. If i don't file 7th year h1 extension and my EAD is not issued by NOV 2003. will i be out of status.

Please help.

According to immigration.com's faq page, you don't need to have H-1 or EAD while waiting for AOS approval. However, if you don't have either of those, you won't be able to work.

Personally, if you actually have a visa stamp on your passport, you should file for 7th year extention and don't bother with EAD. Of course, if you think you will have a second job or you will leave your current employer in the future, EAD is a must. I believe in your case, H-1B and EAD cost about the same.

same issue different scenario

My H1 is expiring in FEB . Its been almost 1.5 yrs applied for RIR . And RIR got rejected. what is the best thing to do . I am getting an offer in new company also . Not sure what to do. Any suggestions ?. I appreciate all your comments/suggestion and time taken to answer my question. thank you