140-485 transferred to Miami office

saras76

Banned
Hey Guys,

My concurrent 140-485 application with RD of March 25th 2004 was transferred to a local Miami office in July. I live in Atlanta and from the beginning I was suspicious of this transfer. Doing some research on the forums, I found out through several sources that TSC has been sending a lot of cases to the Miami office by mistake. All those cases were returned to TSC but the online systems were never updated.

Having waited for 5 months I started to push my lawyers for an inquiry. They got in touch with an AILA liaison and the liaison assured us that she would look into the case and see what was going on. Today my LUD on the approved AP got updated to yesterdays date (12/08/04). All other LUDS remain the same. They might be trying to locate my file using the travel document. Not really sure.

Anyway I wanted to share this information for the benefit of any other unfortunate filers whose cases have been sent to local offices in error. I will keep everyone posted.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question for you all

who gets the interview letter me or my lawyer?

thanks,
Spartakus

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on early to mid Jan

George,

My lawyer has requested me to wait another month before going to Miami in person. She has been in touch with the AILA rep within TSC and the rep has assured her that he/she is looking into my case. On a more promising note, the LUD on my approved AP has changed twice in the past two days. It seems as if some officer is atleast accessing my files and trying to make sense of whats going on.

If nothing happens by the new year I will head down to Miami in the middle of Jan.

Thanks for keeping up with my case.

saras

saras76 said:
George,

On a more promising note, the LUD on my approved AP has changed twice in the past two days. It seems as if some officer is atleast accessing my files and trying to make sense of whats going on.

saras

It seems like they've dug down through the huge pile down to your case :D

This guys seems to have the same situation as you, but he got an interview scheduled already, no I-140 approved yet:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=997024#post997024