140/485/EAD filed...Need help on H-1 status

amma2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends

I need your help and inputs.These questions may sound dumb to some people but I am sure there are some gurus out there in the forum who can give me their valuable comments/suggestions.

Background information:
----------------------
My H-1 6 yrs got completed in Jan 2004 and we applied for 7th year in last November for extension upto Jan 2005 and it has not been approved yet.So, even if it gets approved sometime during next month then I will have H-1 for another few months(to reach Jan2005) and I cannot get married before Jan 2005 due to some family/personal reasons. I was wondering whether we can go for H-1 extension again because 140/485 will still be pending by then(Jan2005) and in which case I cannot bring my spouse even if I get married sometime next year.

My questions are -
-------------------

-Can we go for H-1 extension after 7th year(say 8th year) and upto when(how many times)..can we get it extended until I get my GC?

-What is my deadline/before when should I include my spouse's name in the GC process.FYI., my 140/485/EAD filed on April 5th this year(VSC).

-what do you suggest for me to have my H-1 status along with my 140/485 process in order to be able to bring my dependents to U.S.My mom expired recently and I want to bring my dad here for a visit and just for a change in the situation.

Thanks for your time,

regards,
SK