140-485 approval after joining new company

muchadus

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I'm in little weird situation.
1. My 140-485 was denied from company A
2. Company A file MTR/appeal for that and when it was under processing, considering denial on appeal, I joined company B for pre-approved labor in the "same or similar requirement" and they file my H1 transfer(still waiting for the response) and didn't file AC-21
3. After 4 days of starting at new company, surprisingly I got approval on my MTR/appeal and 140-485 approved from Company A.

I wish that approval could have come 4 days early.

Now what is your suggestion :
Ques 1: should I go back to company A?
Ques 2: Stay with company B?
Ques 3: Would it possibly create any problems during stamping or citizenship?

There are difference of opinion between attorneys.
1. New company attorney is saying that, Its not going to give me any trouble as I'm in "same or similar requirement job" and covered under AC-21 which is not mandatory
2. Old company attorney also said the same thing and said that I'm covered under portability provisions
3. Murthy's office is saying the best option is to go back to company A, as we didn't file AC-21 and we can't now as 485 has been approved. This may causse me problem moving forward during stamping(interview) or citizenship.

:confused: :confused:

As your 485 was approved for company A, you are supposed to work for company A, at least for 6-12 months. AC-21 no longer applies once 485 has been approved.

I am also going to be in a similar situation - my 485 is still in process and the University that filed my 140 was approved in July 2004 in EB1. Now I got a job offer from NASA and I am planning to take that offer and join them in July. What problems I may have in the following scenarios:

1. My 485 is not approved by the time I join NASA and I start working using my EAD

2. My 485 is approved in between and have my green card stamped before joining NASA.

I did my FP in March.

What are my options? Thanks for anybody's advise.