120 Cases to watch at TSC from April 4th, 2002

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
I’ve decided to do a case study on 120 of the I-485 cases numbers received at TSC on April 4th, 2002. I plan to follow these same 120 cases for a few years, and watch the progress. Below is a snapshot of the information I gathered about these cases from the online BCIS Case Status Service.

Keep in mind that I do not know if they are Employment or Family based cases, nor do I know the priority dates, the EB category, or the country of origin.

All the Receipt Dates are April 4th, 2002

As of Sept 12, 2002
Total cases reviewed..............120
received.................................65
insufficient funds......................3
Fingerprint notice.....................2
RFE.......................................1
received response to RFE.........1
transferred.............................5
fingerprints done.....................11
approved............................... 32

As of March 17, 2003
Total cases reviewed.............120
received................................65
insufficient funds.....................3
Fingerprint notice....................2
RFE.......................................1
received response to RFE..........2
transferred..............................7
fingerprints done.....................4
approved...............................36

Facts/Observations:
1) The last date anything was done to any of these cases was November 20th , 2002.
2) Only 7 of the 120 cases changed their status in the time between September and March.
3) 3 of the cases that had already done their fingerprints in September have not yet been approved.
4) 4 of the cases that had already done their fingerprints in September, have already been approved.
5) None of the cases with a status of “received” have changed their status since September.
6) All of the cases, whose status had changed since September, already had their fingerprints completed.

where did u get

the numbers from? who keeps you updated on the status or is it from the database maintained by some us?
To use such a data has lot of ifs and buts and not a correct data to do a study of this kind

George:

Appreciated the information and your hard work. Do you use scirpt or manual search all the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious George is definitely a good name for you if you are doing all that manually.

Don't take this the wrong way; but you have too much free time on your hands. Doing some volunteer work would be more beneficial.

curiousGeorge,

Wow, I'm impressed by the analysis! :)

>but you have too much free time on your hands

I concur.

Here is the manhour estimate

Searching about 500 cases takes about 33 minutes. 1000 cases will just take over an hour. There are approximately ~5300 cases on any given day.

:D :D :D :cool:

What you do is Illegal

Dont ever anybody try to do this kind of analysis in website, This is illegal, you are searching the site saying that you are searching for yourself and not for anyone else, it is the privacy and security thing.

You will be in trouble

>it is the privacy and security thing. You will be in trouble
But it isn't curiousGeorge's fault. INS designed the online system that way.

An easy way to eliminate this problem is to ask for BOTH SRC # and Last Name. Show the status ONLY IF the Last Name entered matches the one in the petition.

When you search something in INS Site or any web site

You agree to their terms and conditions and their privacy policy..

Not blaming, just my thought .. Doing these of things may lead someone nowhere

BCIS website itself is responsibe for that

I agree with bajis. INS designed the site that way and it's open to the public. If anybody search for more cases out of curiosity or just take advantage of it to search for processing pattern, it's totally reasonable and should not get any trouble.

I searched two of my cases and entered a few random case number and got the following message. I think BCIS only did till this step to discourage people to search more cases.

Case Status
We're sorry, but you have been denied access due to too many inquiries.

The purpose of the Customer Relationship Interface System is to give customers and their representatives access to case status information on their applications in our electronic inventory. To ensure that customers have full access to check on their cases, we use several volume limits.

You received this message because you repeatedly entered invalid receipt numbers.

If you believe the problem may be that you simply repeatedly made mistakes typing in the specific receipt numbers you wish to check, you can close your browser, come right back and try again. If you are blocked when you try again, it is because you either repeated your mistake or because your total volume of inquiries over the past 24 hours has at that point exceeded our overall volume limit, in which case you will be blocked for a period of time.