10 year B2 visa. Now biometric ? Need information

ethereal

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

My mom was granted a 10 year multiple entry visa (B2) in April 2002. She came here for 6 months, and travelled back in October 2002.

Now, we want her to visit again this November for 6 more months. But by that time, the biometric visas will have been introduced. Does she ...

A) Have to re-apply for the visa (which means I have to send her another affadavit of support, copies of pay-stubs, copies of bank statements, employment verification, letter of invitation, etc) ?

B) Not re-apply for visa, but still have the above latest documents (She might have to show them at the port of entry ) ?

C) Not worry. She will get a biometeic visa at the port of entry ?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

as of now you are not required to get a new visa if you have a valid visa.
thy have also implemented USVISIt which collects the biometric information.

So yes as of now she does not need a new visa, and no news if the new visa is going to be issued at POE so dont worry as and when regulations are published we will know.

All new visa's will be biometric visa's.

Your parents can enter from Canada with their passport and valid visa. Just for precautionary measures you can send them a sponsorship document, which they may want show to the immigration inspector if they are asked for it.

www.passintl.com

ethereal said:
Hi Folks,

My mom was granted a 10 year multiple entry visa (B2) in April 2002. She came here for 6 months, and travelled back in October 2002.

Now, we want her to visit again this November for 6 more months. But by that time, the biometric visas will have been introduced. Does she ...

A) Have to re-apply for the visa (which means I have to send her another affadavit of support, copies of pay-stubs, copies of bank statements, employment verification, letter of invitation, etc) ?

B) Not re-apply for visa, but still have the above latest documents (She might have to show them at the port of entry ) ?

C) Not worry. She will get a biometeic visa at the port of entry ?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
My Mother-in-law has a 10 Yr visa issued in 2001 and visited us then. She arrived in Newark last week and did not have any problems. There is no need to send any sponsoring document as longas the visa is valid regardless of when it is issued.