02/23/05 USCIS report (no changes)

I just don't understand what they are waiting on. I remember NSC used to be pretty good. One of my freinds have their I-140 approved in one month one and a half years ago.

Concurrent filing is the biggest joke for NSC.

Best luck to you!

don't even bother to check the processing time cause it's never moved an inch! it will only depressed me.

why no one other than we immigrants care about the slow progress at NSC?
Is NSC run only by immigrants money that no one in US is worried about the taxes /resources being wated because of this?.

UK123, if you stop and think about it for a couple of seconds, you would realize faster GC processing does not directly benefit anyone but the applicants themselves.

There is no incentive whatsoever for a regular citizen, any corporate, or even politicians for that matter, to favor faster GC processing. In the current political atmosphere, most regular Americans, who have already heard so much about H1B, layoffs, outsourcing and terrorism, would probably vote to terminate immigration, period. Corporate America, on the other hand, loves the workforce stability guaranteed by the long GC processing. That's why they keep pushing the H1B cap but never utters even one word about the GC processing.

uk123 said:
why no one other than we immigrants care about the slow progress at NSC?
Is NSC run only by immigrants money that no one in US is worried about the taxes /resources being wated because of this?.

inkink,

What you said may be true - but you are stirring the anger of everyone in this forum, particularly people like me. A delay in I-485 is understandable, lately it slowly started in I-140 also and then in EAD's. My 140 is pending for 17 months and my EAD is pending for 6 months. I hope there are others in a similar situation. Do you understand what I am talking about here ?

bmt74, it suffices to say that I started my green card journey ONE WHOLE YEAR before you did.

bmt74 said:
inkink,

What you said may be true - but you are stirring the anger of everyone in this forum, particularly people like me. A delay in I-485 is understandable, lately it slowly started in I-140 also and then in EAD's. My 140 is pending for 17 months and my EAD is pending for 6 months. I hope there are others in a similar situation. Do you understand what I am talking about here ?