I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Online E-Filed status

Hi,

If anybody has experience please shed some light :

I e-filed for my EAD & AP renewals on July 15, 2005 and got the receipt
numbers and letters of receipt within 4 days by mail. But when I try to
find the online status of the case by entering the WAC number online
on the website its still showing that my receipt numbers couldn't be found.
Is such a delay of 3 weeks expected or not ?

Thx,
-gccraver

Incorrect Nationality on Application

Hi,
I filed the online application for EAD (I-765) on behalf of my wife. But while filling up the form, I mistakenly entered the "Country of Citizenship/ Nationality" as "USA", instead of "India". I have been calling the 800 numbers for NSC, but the CSRs are of no help. What do you think that I should do in this case? I am thinking of correcting the typo in the printed application and highliting it and include it along with the supporting docs. Please let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Help for Filing for EAD/AD In LOCAL Office

Guys,
I have to file RENEWAL of EAD/AD for my spouse. Last Time aplication was in VSC but they transfered it to LOCAL office in DC.
Does Local office deals both EAD/AD Renewal?
Where should I file/Send documents?

Thank you

Suggestion/Help to file EAD

Dear Gurus,

I am going to file my first EAD using 485 receipt. I have recently changed my address from NJ to NC and I am going to file AR-11 too. I have already given Finger Printing in NJ and has been received by USCIS.

I need your help in getting me file this. Shall I go for E-Filing or Paper Filing?

1. If I do by Paper Filing, do I need go for another FP or make any personal appearance?

2. If I do by eFiling, how do I send my photos?

3. Is there any other risk involved in doing by ourself? (I just want to save some lawyer fees).

Thanks in Advance
Booshan

EAD efile or paper file

Hello,

is efiling really faster? how long does efile takes at vermont center? i know paper file has a 2 months backlog at vermont service ctr.

I suspect processing of Eflied Applications are much slower in Vermont.Take my case.I applied for Renewal of EAD on 08/09 using Efile..I've sent the supporting documents next day by FEDEX. I was asked to take ASC appointment I tried and couldn't get one for all most 45 days around my zipcode in Northern Virginia.Then, I took an appointment in Pittsburgh which is 250 miles and completed it on 08/23.There were so many LUD changes till 08/24.No approval Yet.

Meanwhile, I applied my spouse EAD extension manually with notice dates of 08/19.The application got approved on 09/02.

Infact, I spend more money and time on "efiled application" rather than manual one.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Filing has an additional headache of going to the ASC for getting the picture taken.
I got my EAD pretty fast after the ASC visit.

e file and asc appointment too long, what to do

hi all

i efiled the 765 on 8-1-05, and send the supporting docs(along with photos) and the site updated it on 8-9-05, but i forgot to make the asc appointment for finger printing. the processing time of the applications(student opt) is well ahead of mine, but mine is not yet processed so i called customer care and they said to finish the Finger print and photograph, the asc date is on 10-13-05

my question is

1. does the finger print and digital photo necessary for everyone who files online irrespective of i485ead and F1based ead
2. is it possible to walk in and get the finger print done.
3. since i have mailed the photos will they accept the photo and aprove my ead.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance

raradhya said:
hi all

1. does the finger print and digital photo necessary for everyone who files online irrespective of i485ead and F1based ead

thanks in advance

1. Unfortunaltely yes, the FP is DP is necessary for everyone who files online.
2. I guess its possible to walk in and get the FP done, i have seen people do that all the time.
3. No they wont consider the mailed in photos, you just wasted money on the pictures.
You should get the EAD approval in 2-3 weeks max once you get your FP done.
neocor

raradhya said:
hi all

i efiled the 765 on 8-1-05, and send the supporting docs(along with photos) and the site updated it on 8-9-05, but i forgot to make the asc appointment for finger printing. the processing time of the applications(student opt) is well ahead of mine, but mine is not yet processed so i called customer care and they said to finish the Finger print and photograph, the asc date is on 10-13-05

my question is

--- Yes.they are mandatory.I have a friend, who didn't schedule appointment after efiling, he got a RFE on that, even though he send the photos with supporting docs.
--- I had the same issue with Biometric appointment.Then I rescehduled to another ASC, in my case Pittsburgh which is 250 miles from my place where immediate appointments are available.

-- Unfortunately, no..they wont accept the mailed photo for efiled apps.

thanks in advance

How long does it take to get copy of receipt notice in mail?

I filed my (employment based) EAD renewal online on Aug 30th and got the online receipt number(MSCxxxx...). I thought Missouri would send me a copy in the mail as well but havent received anything yet..

I did check my status online and it says "Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on August 31, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete"

Is this typical for online EAD applicaitons? Does the service center send the receipt notice via regular mail. If yes, how long does it generally take? Should I try to contact MSC about this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

'I-765 approval notice'

Sorry to interrupt in between,

I am renewing my EAD and my employer is asking me for a copy of "I-765 approval notice"

I haven't received anything like that. I only got my EAD cards with the EAD mailer. Isn't it the same? Should I be getting a separate approval notice? Please let me know if I missed it.

Thank you.

Its probably the recipt notie that he is asking

Sandhya123 said:
Sorry to interrupt in between,

I am renewing my EAD and my employer is asking me for a copy of "I-765 approval notice"

I haven't received anything like that. I only got my EAD cards with the EAD mailer. Isn't it the same? Should I be getting a separate approval notice? Please let me know if I missed it.

Thank you.

I think what he is asking is the recipt notice. I dont think there is any approval notice for the EAD, I dont know of any. I have had two EAD's now no approval notice only recipt notices. So its probably that.
neocor

Can anybody send me the softcopy of EAD appl. form?

Last time I filled on line(not E-filing) and took a print of EAD application and send everything by mail. For some reason I cannot find the application form to fill.

I can find application but I cannot enter on line in Acrobat.

Please send me the link.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Question about AP e-filing.

Hi,

I had filed for my AP through the e-filing online. I got a receipt downloaded but the receipt did not say anything about the appointment for FP and photo.Earlier I had filed for EAD online three months back the receipt asked to take an appointment for FP at ASC.

Please clarify, Should I call for an appointment.

Thanks,

may0503 said:
Hi,

I had filed for my AP through the e-filing online. I got a receipt downloaded but the receipt did not say anything about the appointment for FP and photo.Earlier I had filed for EAD online three months back the receipt asked to take an appointment for FP at ASC.

Please clarify, Should I call for an appointment.

Thanks,

I thought the FP and picture appointement are only given when E-Filing the EAD.
Dint know E-Filing AP also requires it. I guessits better to fill the forms online and mail it rather than E-File. Less hasstle.

I e-filed for AP last month, i didn't have to make an appt for photo....you don't need to take an appt...all you have to do is mail the supp docs along with your photos...thats it....i got the approval also.....appt is needed only for EAD i think.....

EAD & AP e-filing concurrently

I plan to e-file EAD & AP concurrently for my spouse and myself, but I have the following questions regarding e-filing:

1. Should I send just one set of documents for EAD & AP because I'm filing them concurrently or send the documents twice - one for EAD and the other for AP
2. The e-filing instruction says no need to send the photos for EAD, but schedule appointment with ASC. How about the photo requirements for the concurrently filed AP? Do I need to send 2 photos along with the AP documents?
3. I will be filing with NSC. Could you please provide the mailing address for sending the supporting documents to NSC?

Thank you!

AP Question

Hello all,
I am new to this AP/EAD world.
My first AP/EAD was filled by my lawyer in Aug 2004 and expired in Aug 2005, they filled the renewal in June 2005 and I have an approved EAD and AP till June 2006. I never really used the first EAD/AP since I have a valid H-1 (valid till Oct 1, 2005).
I just returned from a vacation in Spain and the Immigration officer used my AP to grant me entry since the dates on my AP were farther than the H-1. (they stamped my passport and I-94 with Parole valid till Date of Sep 25, 2006. He also stamped one of the AP documents. (I have 3 of them).
I will need to travel to Canada and later to Mexico for work.
Question is do they use a separate AP document everytime I enter the country ?? In that case I would end up using all my 3 AP's within the next couple of Months.
Can I just file for the enewal of Just the AP (since EAD is valid till June 2006).
Thanks for all the help