F4 category, children aged out but eligible by CSPA - no option to pay fees on CEAC

Priority date: 07/06/2004

Is that US style July 2004, or rest of world style June 2004?

And you’re not from India, Mexico or Philippines? If not and it is 7 June 2004 (not 6 July) then yes, the number was current in Dec 2017 and over a year has passed.

In any case - the ageing out has happened.

Is that US style July 2004, or rest of world style June 2004?

And you’re not from India, Mexico or Philippines? If not and it is 7 June 2004 (not 6 July) then yes, the number was current in Dec 2017 and over a year has passed.

In any case - the ageing out has happened.

The receipt date on the I-130 is July 7, 2004, and the notice date is Jan 29, 2010.
I am from India.

Then the notation about a year past visa action date is incorrect, the case will probably only be current next month. But you’ve still aged out. Your CSPA age is around 26.

Hi @akash.patel4u. I'm curious if you decided to pay the fees because the CEAC website is allowing you to do so. My sister's children are all aged out but the website is allowing me to select each child to pay fees. I called NVC and explained this to the customer rep. He said this is what will happen: after fees are paid, each applicant's eligibility is reviewed (specifically, he mentioned that the CSPA ages will be calculated - though in my sister's case I know it will not help) and if an applicant is not eligible, they cannot proceed with the rest of the application. I inquired if the $325 will be refunded - he said yes.

So did you go ahead and paid the $325 for yourself?

Hi @akash.patel4u. I'm curious if you decided to pay the fees because the CEAC website is allowing you to do so. My sister's children are all aged out but the website is allowing me to select each child to pay fees. I called NVC and explained this to the customer rep. He said this is what will happen: after fees are paid, each applicant's eligibility is reviewed (specifically, he mentioned that the CSPA ages will be calculated - though in my sister's case I know it will not help) and if an applicant is not eligible, they cannot proceed with the rest of the application. I inquired if the $325 will be refunded - he said yes.

So did you go ahead and paid the $325 for yourself?

Hi,

I'm on the same boat too! My parents applied in Jul 2005 and got approved in Jul 2009 and now is their turn to submit documents and pay the fees. I'm 27 now and my name was on the CEAC to pay fees and submit documents. I did submit and pay my fees and everything got approved so far. I'm waiting for them to send us the email to schedule the interview. (some financial docs needed to submit again from the US supporter!)

Has anyone heard anything back if they refunded people like me if they realize we're not eligible for CSPA?

Thanks,

@Amirh123 , best of luck to you. I told my family they waited 23 years so it's worth the gamble. This was after I found out from searching the web that there are applicants who realized that the CEAC website does not have the "Pay Now" option next to their name. It's worth a shot, and I'm crossing my fingers my sister's entire family get all the way to the interview and that the consul will approve the whole family.

@Amirh123 , best of luck to you. I told my family they waited 23 years so it's worth the gamble. This was after I found out from searching the web that there are applicants who realized that the CEAC website does not have the "Pay Now" option next to their name. It's worth a shot, and I'm crossing my fingers my sister's entire family get all the way to the interview and that the consul will approve the whole family.

As long as you understand that the consular officer doesn’t have any discretion over this. If CSPA age is 21 or over, the derivatives will be denied.

Priority Date : 30 Nov, 2006
Approval Date : 20 Oct, 2009
Date of Birth : 12 Dec, 1995
Expected Visa Bulletin Current Date : 01 Nov, 2019
Res of The World...
I think Its Accurate 21 years age.. by CSPA
Will it be eligible?
Few Days Waiver can i get....

Last edited:
Priority Date : 30 Nov, 2006
Approval Date : 20 Oct, 2009
Date of Birth : 12 Dec, 1995
Expected Visa Bulletin Current Date : 01 Nov, 2019
Res of The World...
I think Its Accurate 21 years age.. by CSPA
Will it be eligible?
Few Days Waiver can i get....

Must be *under* 21, so will need the visa bulletin current date to be by October.

Hi,

I'm on the same boat too! My parents applied in Jul 2005 and got approved in Jul 2009 and now is their turn to submit documents and pay the fees. I'm 27 now and my name was on the CEAC to pay fees and submit documents. I did submit and pay my fees and everything got approved so far. I'm waiting for them to send us the email to schedule the interview. (some financial docs needed to submit again from the US supporter!)

Has anyone heard anything back if they refunded people like me if they realize we're not eligible for CSPA?

Thanks,

Hi Amirh123, would like to ask if what is the status of your case? We have the same case. But i'm still in the step 1. Was your visa approved?

Hello to everyone:

I would like to know my approval date. I cannot find it anywhere...when my parents applied I was 10 years old (2005). In 2009 we received a letter from the NVC saying that there were not visas available and that they will reopen our case when they were (they didn't say it was approved, just that they will evaluate it later). In 2018, we received an email from NVC saying that our case was ready to process. What would be my approval date? (sorry if this is a silly question, but I still don't get it).

Hello to everyone:

I would like to know my approval date. I cannot find it anywhere...when my parents applied I was 10 years old (2005). In 2009 we received a letter from the NVC saying that there were not visas available and that they will reopen our case when they were (they didn't say it was approved, just that they will evaluate it later). In 2018, we received an email from NVC saying that our case was ready to process. What would be my approval date? (sorry if this is a silly question, but I still don't get it).
It sounds like the 2009 letter. Did that letter not say something like “the above case was approved”?

It sounds like the 2009 letter. Did that letter not say something like “the above case was approved”?

Not at all. Even the letter is in Spanish (my native language) so I wouldn't missunderstood it. It says something like "unfortunately, there are no visas available for using them at this moment. You will be notified when we can restart the processing of your immigrant visa requirement"

Not at all. Even the letter is in Spanish (my native language) so I wouldn't missunderstood it. It says something like "unfortunately, there are no visas available for using them at this moment. You will be notified when we can restart the processing of your immigrant visa requirement"

The letter is in Spanish? I never heard of that from USCIS before. Anyway, google images for "USCIS NOA2" - this is the type of thing you are looking for.

Hi,

Thanks,
can you tell me where you are from? as my PD is june 2005 India but i have not got my WL till now.

Priority Date : October 10, 1997
Approval Date : April 1, 2019
Date of Birth : 27 September, 1991
Philippines
Am i Still included?