• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@usamommy2015 , I'm afraid you shall have to apply for a new passport. A torn bio data page actually makes the PP void, just the way a tampered PP is void.

Pole dear. But you have plenty of time before your interview don't panic.

That depends on how badly it is torn (and as you say, that is more important on the important pages).

However, if there is time - absolutely - replace it!

I once traveled back to the UK from the USA having lost my passport. I only realized as I was checking in for my flight. It was a pain, but they issued me with a scrap of paper at the US passport after speaking to the UK officials to check if they would accept me. Upon entering the UK I got some questioning, but was allowed in...

hi simon am trying to call kcc using my safcom line but wont go through am dialing +00016065267500 or am i making a mistake......
+1 606 526 7500 You have to call as from 2.00pm kenyan time.Listen to the computer automated voice until the moment you are requested whether you want to talk to the operator.Remember they might ask your case number so have it ready.Some operators will just tell you to wait as your case is in the process but some will openly tell you the date-it depend with how you frame your question.

That depends on how badly it is torn (and as you say, that is more important on the important pages).

However, if there is time - absolutely - replace it!

I once traveled back to the UK from the USA having lost my passport. I only realized as I was checking in for my flight. It was a pain, but they issued me with a scrap of paper at the US passport after speaking to the UK officials to check if they would accept me. Upon entering the UK I got some questioning, but was allowed in...
Must have been lucky..

Guys, thank you all for the support you gave me and advice, @Sm1smom, susies, simon, brit and others, your advice was invaluable, i have been able to add my family on the ds260 forms and submitted them today, now i want to schedule medical, my wife has a passport, my baby 4yrs has not yet got a passport, will they allow me to shedule the interview as i process the passport, it might take 1 - 2 weeks

Of course you should attend your interview. You cannot be denied because of a mix up such as this, you should your interview if indeed this was a genuine mistake and it's not like you tried to trick the system and entered twice by mixing up your names. If you're certain it was a genuine error, go ahead and attend your interview.
thanks for your advice. i will attend the interview

Your name in your DS260 should correspond to what you have in your passport. If it is just a matter of order in the eDV application, I don't think it is a big issue, unless you are using a name that is not on your official documents, you should be fine.
all the names are on all my official documents...am really great full for your advice. THANKS

+1 606 526 7500 You have to call as from 2.00pm kenyan time.Listen to the computer automated voice until the moment you are requested whether you want to talk to the operator.Remember they might ask your case number so have it ready.Some operators will just tell you to wait as your case is in the process but some will openly tell you the date-it depend with how you frame your question.
YOu could shorten the automated part by pressing zero on you phone a soon as the auto voice comes on in the line

Just found out that the US Embassy Nairobi on 17th October were answering questions in regards to DV 2015 and most especially DV 2016....

Sample a question in regards the much awaited 2NL

• Hi, I applied for Dv2015 last year, and when I got back to the entrants check on may this year, I found that my case had been selected for further processing, I went ahead to follow the instruction therein which led me to completing and successfully submitting Form DS-260. In the submition confirmation page I was informed that I would get further communication fron KCC (kuntucky consular center) soon. It's now 5 months since I submitted form Ds-260 and still haven't had any communication from them. How long does it take them to reach me for further instructions? How else can I know whether my case was successful or not. What if I opt for this year's lottery will it nullify my previous application if at all it is still under process? Thank You.
    Like · Reply · 4 · October 17 at 10:02am
    • U.S. Embassy Nairobi Applicants are generally informed 4 to 6 weeks before their appointment. We have just begun interviewing for DV 2015 less than 2 weeks ago, so please be patient. Also, please note there is a limited number of DV visas we are issued, so winning isn't always a guarantee that we have enough visas. However, it is the very beginning of the DV 2015, so this is not a problem yet.

I had a quick question, I went to boarding school in two different provinces in Kenya after I turned 16. If I recall correctly, in the DS260 , a section said that one must obtain Police certificates from that state if one has lived there more than 6months. I stand to be corrected.
Coming to my question - am I supposed to get my police certificates from different provinces ? or the COGC issued at Mombasa shall suffice.

knec confidential report is a must.somebody missed interview this morning because had not done so.

hi Simon let me ask you when you were scheduling for your medical interview what phone numbers did you use coz the once that am calling no one seams to pick up the phone......

Here is another issue that has come up in the forums: The fiancee/spouse issue:
  • Hi . when i applied da dv lottery i applied it as an individual without including any other be it my family or spouse but leter got married . so do my wife eligible to get the green after i am selected?
    Like · Reply · 2 · October 17 at 11:07am

• U.S. Embassy Nairobi
      You can marry after the application and list your spouse then. But if you already were married and didn't list your spouse, you have an incomplete application.