• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Today's Inspiration

We have this assurance in God.

Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
God bless you all.

Folks, i picked up my visa at abt 8:30am today. God is goooooooood.
The numbers were huge abt 300 pickups (from las weeks batch cos of the holiday and dis week's batch) so cldnt meet any of d folks. but am sure we shall meet at a better place.
The Lord has just ended the begining phase. Next phase activated.
I am still around though...will be checking up on every1/every post to contribute to the 100% success rate agenda.
Good luck to next week forumites. it is done.
remember the slogan..."PRESENT URSELF & PICK UP".
keep well!!!

The numbers were huge abt 300 pickups (from las weeks batch cos of the holiday and dis week's batch) so cldnt meet any of d folks. but am sure we shall meet at a better place.
I am still around though...will be checking up on every1/every post to contribute to the 100% success rate agenda.
keep well!!!

congratulations bro for the successful pick up and sure next week we would still be going by the slogan "PRESENT URSELF & PICK UP". It us well with us and hopefully by God's grace a week by now December to remember would come to a successful end.

keep well!!!
Congrats Lilkay, and thanks for the the encouragement.

picked up my visa today.infact the number of people picking up
visas were huge but at long last i got my passport with my visa in it.Thanks to the almighty God
for seeing us thtough.Ipray that all those awaiting to be interviewd and those waiting for their 2NL
will all be a success amen

visas were huge but at long last i got my passport with my visa in it.Thanks to the almighty God
for seeing us thtough.Ipray that all those awaiting to be interviewd and those waiting for their 2NL
Good to know, congrats once again. Thank you for the prayers.

congrats man and pls continue to update us on your journey.God bless you.

keep well!!!

eeii, no be easy ooo. lil kay just two weeks and 300 visa pick ups. Am afraid ooo, can Ghana get to 7% country limit before the end of September? If within two weeks 300 visa picks then may be total visa pick-ups from October could over 1000. Folks do u think this could be possible.

eeii, no be easy ooo. lil kay just two weeks and 300 visa pick ups. Am afraid ooo, can Ghana get to 7% country limit before the end of September? If within two weeks 300 visa picks then may be total visa pick-ups from October could over 1000. Folks do u think this could be possible.

not all of the visas issued were immigrant visa.to my understanding the 7% country limit are for the dv category only..i stand to be corrected tho..

lil kay, abt the 300 visa pick-ups, were they all dvlottery
gideon1on1, i understand u perfectly, bt if the 300 visa visa picks up were all dvlottery then am sure the 7% country limit could be reached before september 2014. I stand to be corrected

lil kay, abt the 300 visa pick-ups, were they all dvlottery

pardon me for gate-crashing a question meant for lil-kay but I'm not sure not all of them were for dv category..And i was right about the 7% country limit meant for dv category only..it clearly states on http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html under the dv category that 'DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year'

pardon me for gate-crashing a question meant for lil-kay but I'm not sure not all of them were for dv category..And i was right about the 7% country limit meant for dv category only..it clearly states on http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html under the dv category that 'DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year'

Britsimon posted something on another thread..i think it might put an end to your worry..so here's the thing 'The worry for a country is that no one country can receive more than 7% of the global quota visas in any year. The quota is 55,000 (reduced by up to 5000 visas for the NACARA program) We generally work off 50,000 available visas, but I actually think we will see nearly the whole 55,000 this year. So that means the country cutoff for any country is 3850 visas (including derivatives), and could be as low as 3500'
Ghana had 3,945 selectees,if we are to do the mathematics,3945-3850 will give us 95.I am sure most selectees for one reason or another might choose not process their case.Others don't know they've won.So realistically you stand a chance of getting a visa provided you get your docs right..
I will advice you to stay calm,there's no need for over thinking,just get your docs right and most of all never cease praying..

Britsimon posted something on another thread..i think it might put an end to your worry..so here's the thing 'The worry for a country is that no one country can receive more than 7% of the global quota visas in any year. The quota is 55,000 (reduced by up to 5000 visas for the NACARA program) We generally work off 50,000 available visas, but I actually think we will see nearly the whole 55,000 this year. So that means the country cutoff for any country is 3850 visas (including derivatives), and could be as low as 3500'
Ghana had 3,945 selectees,if we are to do the mathematics,3945-3850 will give us 95.I am sure most selectees for one reason or another might choose not process their case.Others don't know they've won.So realistically you stand a chance of getting a visa provided you get your docs right..
I will advice you to stay calm,there's no need for over thinking,just get your docs right and most of all never cease praying..

Sorry - I missed the concern.

Vladek is correct. There is NO WAY Ghana will hit the 7% limit. In 2011 they had 6002 selectees and only achieved 2460 visas. The selectee to approved visa rate is less than 50%. So Ghana probably won't get more than about 2000 visas this year.

Sorry - I missed the concern.

Vladek is correct. There is NO WAY Ghana will hit the 7% limit. In 2011 they had 6002 selectees and only achieved 2460 visas. The selectee to approved visa rate is less than 50%. So Ghana probably won't get more than about 2000 visas this year.

well i thought since the number of selectee is lower than that of the previous rate..the approval rate will go a bit higher than the previous years..I guess i was wrong..thanks for helping out..fingers crossed..

Hello all,

This thread is for all DV 2014 selectees from Ghana. Let us share our challenges and encourage one another. Please share with us your pre- interview experiences, interview and post interview experiences and outcomes. You can also post questions here.

U guys are doing some good work over here God bless u all. Am new to this thread and also a 2014 DV winner, am current and my case # is 2014AF00011*** my interview is in Januery . I want to be part of this family and give contribution to the success of all.

well i thought since the number of selectee is lower than that of the previous rate..the approval rate will go a bit higher than the previous years..I guess i was wrong..thanks for helping out..fingers crossed..

That could be true - lower numbers but better quality applications - yep could be true. However, there is still no way Ghana can get 3500/3850 visas from 3900 selectees.

U guys are doing some good work over here God bless u all. Am new to this thread and also a 2014 DV winner, am current and my case # is 2014AF00011*** my interview is in Januery . I want to be part of this family and give contribution to the success of all.

you are welcome bro,we all here for ourselves.

Yes ooooo at long last
Could you kindly drop your contact in my inbox.

About or certificate u go to weac say u want to confirm your result to american embassy they will take around 50gh and will do DAT for u . They will sent the letter to the embassy so make sure u have received or 2nl before u do that. Also take a letter from or headmaster too. No fears..