April 2012 N-400 Tracker

I had my interview today at in VA ( Washington DO). Interview lasted 10 minutes . Immigration officer started off with the test to get it out off the way. The she asked me questions from my application. usual yes or or no questions. She verified that I had submitted marriage certificate, tax returns and Birth certificate of my daughter . then she said she was satisfied . and said I was recommended for approval. IO said I would receive an oath letter in few weeks.

interview on july9

I had my interview today at in VA ( Washington DO). Interview lasted 10 minutes . Immigration officer started off with the test to get it out off the way. The she asked me questions from my application. usual yes or or no questions. She verified that I had submitted marriage certificate, tax returns and Birth certificate of my daughter . then she said she was satisfied . and said I was recommended for approval. IO said I would receive an oath letter in few weeks.

Interview on 07/09 IO mentioned that i will be receving the oath letter, as there are no oath dates available for couple of months....

Status updated on 07/12 - On July 12, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

waiting for the letter

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine yesterday at2:30, IO mentioned that i will be receving the oath letter, as there are no oath dates available for couple of months....

Keep me posted yours as well

Interesting, nothing available for a couple of months!! Is DC office that busy? Or just does schedules less dates. Kinda sad. You live in DC or VA?

Interview Passed; Oath scheduled for July 16

Called for interview at 1:45 pm (90 minutes after the scheduled time); 6 easy questions answered:
1) When was the declaration of independence adopted?
2) What do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution?
3) We elect a President for how many years?
4) What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
5) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
6) Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States?
Reading: Who was Abraham Lincoln?
Writing: Lincoln was the President during the civil war.
Was told there is no need for court certified disposition for traffic ticket for reckless driving which I had listed in my application (even though I had it with me)
Received Oath letter for July 16 morning.

Hi voldemarv, I am also of your situation, wife has interview on 24 th july and I am not sure when mine (IL letter is on its way). My question is if I have a different date, can I request the IO to do the interview the same day.

Hi voldemarv, I am also of your situation, wife has interview on 24 th july and I am not sure when mine (IL letter is on its way). My question is if I have a different date, can I request the IO to do the interview the same day.
I would not do that. A friend of mine has baby delivery date on the same date as her naturalization interview. She went to Infopass appointment and asked to reschedule interview for earlier date. The response was "No, we could not do that".
If everything is alright I'm going to ask IO to make Oath on the same day for us.

IL received

I would not do that. A friend of mine has baby delivery date on the same date as her naturalization interview. She went to Infopass appointment and asked to reschedule interview for earlier date. The response was "No, we could not do that".
If everything is alright I'm going to ask IO to make Oath on the same day for us.

IL received, Interview on Aug 15th.

Application approved.

Scheduled interview was at 8:25 AM. Got to the center at 7:50. Called in about 8:30 AM. IO lady was very pleasant. Swore me in and asked for an ID, green card and passport. She went through the application asked questions made notes on my application copy. After that she left with passport and IDs (probably to make a copy). Got back and gave me the English test first. Followed by civics test. Here are the questions she asked.

1) What does the cabinet do?
2) How many years do we elect a senator?
3) In case of president and vice presidents inability, who takes over?
4) How many justices in supreme court?
5) What did the declaration of independence do?
6) Can't recall the sixth one. If I remember I will update the post.

Then she congratulated me and said she is approving my application. She also mentioned that they are having an oath ceremony the same day so come back at 1:45 PM.

She was pleasant and made small talk about kids etc.

Waiting in a coffee shop till 1 PM.

Congrtas , by this time today you must be a citizen :)

Yes we are :)

Got back to the DO at 1PM. Waited for about an hour, at about 2PM the IOs started the process. 37 people including us were sworn in. The whole process including videos etc took about 45 minutes.

Got the naturalization cert. Will update the SSN office tomorrow followed by the passport application.

Quick question do we need to update our I-9 forms with the employer too?

Oath taken on 07/16

Took oath along with 88 new citizens from 30 countries in Irving USCIS office. Was called in at scheduled time of 8:30 am. Function started at 9:15 am and finished by 9:50 pm with the distribution of certificates of naturalization.
Was told to go to SSA for updating citizenship status after 2 weeks since it would take 2 weeks for USCIS systems to get updated with the status;
Collected voter registration form at the venue of oath and mailed it.
Went to the post office immediately after the oath and applied for US passport (regular processing).
On the whole citizenship was smooth compared to the tortuous GC process:)
All the best for everyone waiting for their interview/oath.

Congratulations!

Yes we are :)

Got back to the DO at 1PM. Waited for about an hour, at about 2PM the IOs started the process. 37 people including us were sworn in. The whole process including videos etc took about 45 minutes.

Got the naturalization cert. Will update the SSN office tomorrow followed by the passport application.

Quick question do we need to update our I-9 forms with the employer too?

Congratulations! At our oath ceremony we were told to go to SSA office after 2 weeks since it will take that much time for the systems to get updated with status.
It is a good idea to update I-9 form documentation when our status has changed.

Congratulations! At our oath ceremony we were told to go to SSA office after 2 weeks since it will take that much time for the systems to get updated with status.
It is a good idea to update I-9 form documentation when our status has changed.
Thanks. Congrats to you too.

At our ceremony they did not say anything about waiting. They just said we need to go to SSA to update the records. I will be heading there soon. If they do not have the updated records, I will do it when I get the Nat. Cert back from the passport office.

I will ask our HR person about I-9. Not sure if she would know.

Interview completed , passed and recommended for approval

I had my interview this morning at Phoenix ASC. Nice day and not a lot of crowd. The officer was very nice, swore me in and started the tests right away after verifying the ids.

Here are the questions asked.

1) What is the supreme law of land.
2) What is an amendment
3 Who vetoes the bills.
4) What is the capital of Arizona
5 What do we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance.
6)Who did United States fight in world war 2.

Made me read and write a simple sentence and said that I passed the tests. Then went over the form/questions and finally gave me the printed document with recommended for approval.

He also took time to tell me what to expect at Oath ceremony, how many people can accompany etc.. They don't do same day ceremony here and there is at least 4 weeks wait. I have waited this long to get here and hopefully another few weeks of wait.
I feel very relieved and proud.

N400 Application

I had my interview this morning at Phoenix ASC. Nice day and not a lot of crowd. The officer was very nice, swore me in and started the tests right away after verifying the ids.

Here are the questions asked.

1) What is the supreme law of land.
2) What is an amendment
3 Who vetoes the bills.
4) What is the capital of Arizona
5 What do we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance.
6)Who did United States fight in world war 2.

Made me read and write a simple sentence and said that I passed the tests. Then went over the form/questions and finally gave me the printed document with recommended for approval.

He also took time to tell me what to expect at Oath ceremony, how many people can accompany etc.. They don't do same day ceremony here and there is at least 4 weeks wait. I have waited this long to get here and hopefully another few weeks of wait.
I feel very relieved and proud.

Congrats Man,