• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 July WAS A SCAM

@S_owoh: that is fallacious,it has no connection with the subject matter. Kindly try to channel your comment on subject without passing insult(s) on individual(s) or country.

Rubbish, go to bed s_owoh. What does flooding has to do with entry status check? A lot of nigerians have checked their result no winners yet. This is scam,i am going to advocate for redraw, we are not done yet.

The interesting fact would be of the earliet winners that are now winners , are they the ones that protested the results being voided or did all the protesters get trown out.

I guess the new winners don't have their confirmation numbers again or they didn't bother to check after may 1st result

read my idea nigerians!

Is it possible there's the same bug. I mean on 1st may it was 5-6 Oct. and on 15th July it was as example 13-14 Oct. Winners dont wanna share day when they filled lottery form. So we cant check my theory, but if you like it - send reports to DOS as you did before that there's the same mistake.
And if it was the same bug...our dear Amin would find it sooner or later and choose new day for lottery in august-september, because 15th July would be as unfair as it was on 1st May. Very funny.
Also I know why there's not so many winners. Possible on 12-13 Oct not so many people filled forms. Is it reasonable? On first days many people did it - many of them won, but on 12-13 we dont have 100.000! That's why we have only a few winners. Possible in Nigeria you have an internet few days per month only. and people tried to fill forms on 5-6 Oct cause didnt have an access other days.

If they are going to cancel the diversity lottery so be it, we have been hearing that for a decade now. Why end the lottery in controversial manner with many conspiracy

I also think whoever's in charge of the program has screwed up again. Looking at other forums, the only winners seem to be the ones who are married.I have my own theory.
Amit was talking about how 2 % of all entries were moved to another hard drive. So, I'm thinking, perhaps this time the program chose the winners out of those 2 % again,
and a very few people out of former winners. Also, one guy said that he got a different result after checking a few hours later. Others confirm that the same thing happened in may.
So, maybe there's still a chance they're updating the databases.. Although, I wouldn't be so optimistic. But we'll see in a few days.

Well of course you have more chance of being selected married, instead of it being 1-100 single it's 1-50 married.

I think people are too sure they will win ignoring the fact chances are extremely low this year. Even with random results online the people not selected just are not satisfied and will think of excuses and "theories" to satisfy their own beliefs about the lottery and can't accept they just were not selected. You just all have to move on and try again in a few months for next year.

I mean at there was one Russian law student girl on a walls street news video story. She knew she was selected last May but then realized the results were voided and was disappointed and did her fair share of complaining but in the end instead she accepted her fate. She just continued with her life as a law student in Russia and is now actually working in America due to her determination, just gotta work hard for a goal and you will reach it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course you have more chance of being selected married, instead of it being 1-100 single it's 1-50 married.

I think people are too sure they will win ignoring the fact chances are extremely low this year. Even with random results online the people not selected just are not satisfied and will think of excuses and "theories" to satisfy their own beliefs about the lottery and can't accept they just were not selected. You just all have to move on and try again in a few months for next year.

I mean at there was one Russian law student girl on a walls street news video story. She knew she was selected last May but then realized the results were voided and was disappointed and did her fair share of complaining but in the end instead she accepted her fate. She just continued with her life as a law student in Russia and is now actually working in America due to her determination, just gotta work hard for a goal and you will reach it.

The last time almost nobody believed in redraw either, trying to explain away the unexpected results. But obviously something was not right. So, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the possibility of them adding new winners over time. Especially seeing how incompetent they've proven to be. But, of course, "move on" - said someone already in the US...

But, of course, "move on" - said someone already in the US...

That's really all that can be said I'm afraid! Just live life, aim to your highest potential and you will reach your goals! :)

Anna Demidchik is a Russian law student, her results were voided didn't stop her from moving to the US though. She works in New York now and all over the northern east coast of the US, anything is possible! :)

Still up to day no one got selected from Egypt in this lottery,, it is clear ,if u checked all Egyptian forums you will find people talking about this .sooo strange!!!

in the country where economy is nose diving
where politicians have no clue how to run the country
where corruption is rampant
and poverty is 10 fold on the rise since 2007
you expect DV GC lottery to work perfectly !!
I'm telling who ever is NOT SELECTED SHOULD THANK GOD
go on with your life where ever you are ..there is nothing here for you
and for ones who got selected ..GOOD LUCK ..YOU GONNA REALLY NEED A LOTS OF IT JUST TO SURVIVE

@ Hello forumites.

I am reporting from Calabar, Nigeria. Not a single person, i say not a single person have won in a town of over 250,000 people. I work in an internet cafe, we help people apply for the lottery. I have checked over 600 entries so far, not a single winner. I repeat not a single winner. I don't know whats going on. I was a previous selectee, but now a July 15 non selectee. I think KCC have some questions to answer.