Lets start with Feb Filers

Good Luck!

Hi guys,

congrats on your ID letters!

My interview is next Thursday (July 24). I am trying to put all paperwork and supporting documents together right now. I will let you know how it went!!!

Good luck to you all!!!

Good luck Sorrayah- you will do fine!
And hello to all- it's been awhile!

Question ....how soon after your interview is it advisable to travel...the hubbie and i want to leave the country for 2 weeks right around labor day which is 2 days after my interview- is this a bad idea? will having the tckt in hand encourage the officer to stamp my passport ? or is this just a bad idea......?

Feb08 life is indeed a lot better with the EAD and SSN... no more having to cut corners to get to what you want. Just a couple of weeks ago we were just down on luck.

Now I just hope that 60 days timeframe they gave us will be productive and lead to a closure in this final phase of the process.

Sorayah, I wish you good luck on your interview!

First, just want to move our thread back to the front. Second, I would like to ask if anyone knows a way to check if USCIS sent out IL or not because I made change of address online two months ago, but it appeared that the street address was changed, but not the city. So in the last two months, I wouldn't able to get anything from USCIS. Seems like Seattle DO is slowly moving, just in case what if they sent me IL or a RFE in last two months, how would I able to find out? What a stupid mistake. I just called USCIS today to updated it to the correct address. Thanks a lot! Hope we all get IL soon.

Be Faithful!

No Idea

First, just want to move our thread back to the front. Second, I would like to ask if anyone knows a way to check if USCIS sent out IL or not because I made change of address online two months ago, but it appeared that the street address was changed, but not the city. So in the last two months, I wouldn't able to get anything from USCIS. Seems like Seattle DO is slowly moving, just in case what if they sent me IL or a RFE in last two months, how would I able to find out? What a stupid mistake. I just called USCIS today to updated it to the correct address. Thanks a lot! Hope we all get IL soon.

Be Faithful!

I would call customer service first and let them know, but since you did that already I would also request an infopass just to make sure they have not sent anything. People who have lost their notices seem to get a really hardtime trying to get uscis to issue new ones. You're right about Seattle: it seems to be moving at snail's pace....

So Guess what guys....USCIS is banked on screwing me. Some of you know and some dont but I have two I-485 pending.
1. EB-2 India which is pending for a while now with Priority Date of Aug 2005 and
2. FB US Spouse which is pending for 8 months now.
Now USCIS schedules my interview on Aug 11th for marriage based GC. Turns out that we would be short by 4 months for 2 yrs to complete so will only qualify for conditional GC. Funny thing is my EB2 based 485 could get adjusted in Aug too which would be 10 year GC with no strings attached. But EB GCs are typically processed at the end of month while my Interview is in the begining of the month, so it so happens that they would process my FB based condition GC first making EB2 process invalid, give me 2 yrs gc and they make me spend again to get conditions removed. This is simply outrageous. I have already spent enough money with USCIS and dont want to spend anymore. I would rather wait for 4 more months or at least have interview after august so that my EB2 based AOS has chance to get approved. It pisses me off but cant do anything. I am going to try one thing tough. Have infopass appointment next week when I am going to try and push the interview out. Hopefully it works and I can get it rescheduled after 4 months.....

Green Card Approved

Hi guys,

our immigration interview was early this morning and we got approved.
Our interview was very easy and took around 20 mins. The lady asked each of us stuff like name, date of birth, address, date of the wedding (my husband). She asked for my passport and asked when was the last time I entered the US. Then she asked me some informations from forms - names of my parents, yes/no guestions... She wanted to see our photo album and asked some guestions - how we had met (my husband), who attended our wedding (me). After that she wanted to know if we have joint bank accounts (she kept the bank statements) and asked about our health insurance (I am military spouse so my husband is my sponsor). Then she typed some stuff into her computer and told us we got approved and that I will be receiving my green card in about two/three weeks.
So if your marriage is real and you don't have anything to hide, you don't have to worry. It was easy and short interview.
Good luck to you all!!!

Seems like feb thread has cooled down....Anyway, I took infopass and applied in person for rescheduling the interview. Officer took the written application and copy of my interview letter. He gave me a copy with his signature and recieved on it. He said thats it. It will happen. I asked, how do I know for sure that I dont have to come back. I was wondering that just becoz he got the application does not mean that they approved the request to reschedule. He said dont worry. It will happen. I asked him, is there any way I could confirm at later period? He said, you cant. They will just send you letter with new date after a month or so. I just thought this was too easy to believe. What you guys think? Am I in trouble or I will be okay? I wonder what if they did not approve rescheduling my interview and consider it a no-show as I wont be going for it? Any thoughts?.....
So Guess what guys....USCIS is banked on screwing me. Some of you know and some dont but I have two I-485 pending.
1. EB-2 India which is pending for a while now with Priority Date of Aug 2005 and
2. FB US Spouse which is pending for 8 months now.
Now USCIS schedules my interview on Aug 11th for marriage based GC. Turns out that we would be short by 4 months for 2 yrs to complete so will only qualify for conditional GC. Funny thing is my EB2 based 485 could get adjusted in Aug too which would be 10 year GC with no strings attached. But EB GCs are typically processed at the end of month while my Interview is in the begining of the month, so it so happens that they would process my FB based condition GC first making EB2 process invalid, give me 2 yrs gc and they make me spend again to get conditions removed. This is simply outrageous. I have already spent enough money with USCIS and dont want to spend anymore. I would rather wait for 4 more months or at least have interview after august so that my EB2 based AOS has chance to get approved. It pisses me off but cant do anything. I am going to try one thing tough. Have infopass appointment next week when I am going to try and push the interview out. Hopefully it works and I can get it rescheduled after 4 months.....

Hi All-

Still have no word or change in status or date from USCIS after the initial interview on 5/7/2008

Don't know what to do as i would also be moving to another state at the end of this month

Is the change of address request a cool thing to do at this point?

Should i be calling them and speaking in person?

I have some apprehensions as have heard a lot of horror stories of green cards being sent back in mail and the green card getting delayed by few months because of the change of address

Let me know what you guys think abt this...

thanks
CG

back from my vacation

still jet lagging. Any IL's? Congratulations to the ones who have received IL's. Anyone from fairfax DO?