• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners of Sri Lanka, pls. write any questions here

kpkumar

Registered Users (C)
Hi Dear Sri Lankan who are winning DV Lottery!

congrats all of you !

I'm KPKumar DV winner of 2007, now i'm in USA, I got my Green Card middle of December. I like to guide those who are seeking help on this regard.

pls. write any question regarding DV, I'll try to give the solution.

Thank you

Bye

KPKumar

Hi Pradeep,
Wish You A Very Happy New Year.

Could You Please Tell Me Specimen Letter Of Sponser ?

And The List Of Approved Physician For Medical Examination In Sri Lanka?

Thank You

Its nice to have you people to Help Other Sri Lankans

my CN is AS89XX.When will it be current according to this descending figures.

Hi Arun!

you have to get a letter from your relatives or friends those who are currently in USA. Letter should be state that "I will be take care of Mr. Arun..... until he gets the JOB in USA.

or your father can Give a letter stating that I can support to my son until he gets a JOB in USA, and your father have to show nearly 10,000 USD Bank Balance.

KPKumar

Hi Arun!

You can fine Approved Medical Doctors at ASARI HOSPITALS.
Address : Asiri Hospitals LTD. Address: # 181, Kirula Road, Narahenpita, Sri Lanka.

I channeled Dr.(Mrs.)Gunathilake

Kpkumar

Specimen of Sponsor letter

Hi Arun!

<Date>

<Address1>.
<Address2>.
<Address3>.

The Visa Officer
Embassy of USA
210, Galle Road,
Colombo - 03
Sri Lanka

Dear Sir/Madam,

Mr. <Your Full Name>

The above named Mr. <Your Name > whose permanent residence is < Sri Lanka Address>, is my <relationship>. I live in USA and permanently reside in the above address at <USA City/State>.

I am very much happy and prepared to receive Mr.<Your Name> on his arrival to States as Green Card holder and will make necessary arrangements for him to stay at <USA City/State> without any difficulty. I am in a position to provide him food and accommodation until he finds a job.

I look forward to welcome him to <USA City/State>.

My Social Security Number is XXX-XX-XXXX and my contact phone number is +1 XXX XXX XXXX.

Thank you,

Yours truly,

Sugnature

Hi Kumar and ARUN,
I dont understand what you mean by the sponsor s letter. Isnt your sponsor sending the form I-134 instead of a letter for supporting you?

Hi Indian Girl!

This is only for DV winners you don't fill or submit any form like you said, Just get a letter from your friend or relatives. I already posted a model in this portal. you can use it. (actually this is a conformation letter that we are not be a public charge for USA Government).

It is very difficult to start your life in USA, if you manage 3 months there after all are fine. for the startup purpose you need help from your friends/realities, that's why they are asking this sponsor letter.

thank you, if u have any question post it here, i would like to know r u a dv winner?

kpkumar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Arun!

I'm getting training form a consultant company, the company providing accommodation and food allowance US$75 per month. after the training have have to face the interview.

you can find easily job from Supper markets or GAS stations but they pay us$ 6 to 8 per hour. If you want a job according to your education qualification, then you have to join with a Consulting company they will provide more training and guide you how to face interview.

I'll give one consultant company website www.rangtech.com, you can mail and ask more details about it. I am getting training in this company, right now.

Dressing for the visa interview!

Hi Kumar,

I want to thank you for the information you gave about the sponsorship letter. I found that very helpful.

I'd like to ask you, what did you were when you went to the visa interview? Did you wear a coat and a tie? Or did you wear casual clothes?
What did others who came for a visa interview wear?

I am thinking of wearing a coat and a tie but I'm a bit afraid I might look overdresses! I have to face the consular interview on 21'st February in the embassy in Colombo.

Please help?
When I fill online application for the lottery, I have entered my son's first name according to Sri Lankan birth certificate of him. But after I learned that always farther's first name (according to Sri Lankan Law) is the son's first name.(Quite Confuse). So I filled DS-230 according to this law. Is this really a problem?
DV2010 Winner

Please help?

When I fill online application for the lottery, I have entered my son's first name according to Sri Lankan birth certificate of him. But after I learned that always farther's first name (according to Sri Lankan Law) is the son's first name.(Quite Confuse). So I filled DS-230 according to this law. Is this really a problem?

DV 2010 Winer

Please help?

DV 2010 Winer

I dont think this will b a problem.if so u can correct it during the interview time.so dont worry my friend.People made bigger mistakes than this and they all got the visas.this is not a problem at all.

All The Best