US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

[QUOTE=fbf2006;2004442]For those that had to send in an upgrade letter to USCIS when their parent/s becamse US citizens, where was this letter sent to? I sent something similar (can't even remember where I sent it to), but when I receive stuff from USCIS, nothing has changed. I'm still listed in the same category, not the new category I should be in. So where exactly should I send this letter to?[/QUOTE]

To upgrate for another category if your parents become citizen/s, you have nothing to do with USCIS. All your files at the address below.

National Visa Center
32 Rochester Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
phone 603 334 0700
mail: NVCInguiry@state.gov

[QUOTE=fbf2006;2004442]For those that had to send in an upgrade letter to USCIS when their parent/s becamse US citizens, where was this letter sent to? I sent something similar (can't even remember where I sent it to), but when I receive stuff from USCIS, nothing has changed. I'm still listed in the same category, not the new category I should be in. So where exactly should I send this letter to?[/QUOTE]

To upgrate for another category if your parents become citizen/s, you have nothing to do with USCIS. All your files at the address below.

National Visa Center
32 Rochester Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
phone 603 334 0700
mail: NVCInguiry@state.gov

Nest, this is correct place (NVC) only if you are outside of US, if the person is inside the US, their file is at USCIS, NVC won't have any of his file either will they have anything to do with the process.

Nest, this is correct place (NVC) only if you are outside of US, if the person is inside the US, their file is at USCIS, NVC won't have any of his file either will they have anything to do with the process.

I think my file is at NVC. It was actually them I contacted not USCIS. Yes, I'm in the US but I might be doing consular processing so my file would be at NVC. I actually already filed for AOS a couple of years ago, but when I went for my interview I was told my priority date had retrogressed. That was in July 2006. I eventually ended up abandoning that application.

My priority date is still not here (Jan 2001). I should be in F3 (married child of US citizen) but I'm in F2B. I might even be completely out of luck as my mum didn't actually get her citizenship in time before I got married so at this point I'd really just like to forget it. She had applied for it but it took much longer than they told her it would. But my mum keeps talking about it so I'm trying to figure out what to do. We got some notice asking for $400 to do the next step. We've done the Choiice of Agent thing. She is yet to send it to me so when she does, i'll figure out what exactly it is.

Hi, I know we had this discussion earlier... I am inside the US on F1 student visa and my approved I130 was transferred to NVC and still is there. I sent my upgrade letter to NVC and received a confirmation letter saying that I am now under FB1 category. I have not received any other correspondence so far, no choice of agent or fee bill or anything...

I am not sure what is going to happen once PD is current. Hopefully NVC will forward my file back to USCIS?? I guess I am just going file AOS, that is if my F1 visa does not expire (I am graduating next year)...

Hey...guys

I had my US immigrant visa interview yesterday on 29 Jan09 in mumbai, india embassy...

Huray............ I got the visas!!!!!!!! ...FINALLLLLLLY

The interview was pretty much fine... just lasted for less than 5 mins..no papers seen ..no major question asked!!!

I thank everyone on this site for helpin me out...
Much appreciated [:)]

Best of luck to all n God bless!!!!

guys my PD is 10/08/02 under FB1. When date becomes current (hopefully around May), what is the exact procedure to follow? Do I have to wait to be contacted by immigration or do I initiate and send I-485/I-765/I-131 combo? At which point should I do medical?

If PD in May is for example 10/06/02 and I am 2 days away from it, is it advisable to go ahead and mail it few days later or wait for the next month visa bulletin to be sure PD is current. Problem is I cannot extend my H1-b after 5/19/08 (long story..my fault... 6 years expiring, didn't apply for 1 year extension 365 days before H1-b expiration), so it will be a close call in terms of dates. I can only hope visa bulletin advances to 10/08/02 by May '09 :(

Not sure as to who needs to contact who?

anybody on this?

If dates progress 3 weeks per month it should reach your PD around July, 2009, so in that case you will be able to file for adjustment on July 1.

I have a question, do you mean he can continue to work and stay in US legally as long as he files I485, even if his H1b has already finished? Doesn't he has to get approved for an EAD card first?

Hi, I would consult a lawyer about this. While people who obtain status through marriage are allowed a gap of illegal presence I don't think that is the case with other family based categories.
Isn't there some sort of grace period when you can stay in the country even if it means not working after H1b expiration like a month or two weeks? For F1 there are two weeks allowed to pack your bags and leave.

I wanted to update you on my FB-1 interview I had on 1/27. It was at 9:10 am and the officer saw us at 9:40 and we were out a little bit before 10:00. I just showed the officer my EAD, AP, passport and DL and my petitioner showed Natz Certificate and DL. The officer went through the 485 form, confirming address, tel #, and the list of questions on the form. The officer then left her office and came back with a sheet that said "Congratulations! You are approved." Officer also noticed that I had filed a prior EB 485 and it was still showing up as pending so she said she will have to close that first but I am approved. Today, I received the Welcome Notice and it states I should receive my card in 3 weeks! Funny thing is that my online status still shows "pending." So don't always trust the online reports. My timeline is below for those who are interested. Good luck to ULTRON on your upcoming interview and to everyone else, it will all come in due course...

I-130 - FB-1 case approved 2/28/2007 (I waited very long for this to be approved)
I-485, 131, 765 - receipt date 10/1/08
I-485, 765 - biometrics 11/14/08
I-131, 765 - approved 12/5/08
I-485 interview letter - dated 12/2/08
I-485 interview - 1/27/09
Welcome Notice dated 2/4/09

Will let you know once I get the card in the mail.

hey congratulations , I had a quick question. Do all FB1's have to go for interview. I think the average time between filing 485 and interview is 6 months. am I right.

I wanted to update you on my FB-1 interview I had on 1/27. It was at 9:10 am and the officer saw us at 9:40 and we were out a little bit before 10:00. I just showed the officer my EAD, AP, passport and DL and my petitioner showed Natz Certificate and DL. The officer went through the 485 form, confirming address, tel #, and the list of questions on the form. The officer then left her office and came back with a sheet that said "Congratulations! You are approved." Officer also noticed that I had filed a prior EB 485 and it was still showing up as pending so she said she will have to close that first but I am approved. Today, I received the Welcome Notice and it states I should receive my card in 3 weeks! Funny thing is that my online status still shows "pending." So don't always trust the online reports. My timeline is below for those who are interested. Good luck to ULTRON on your upcoming interview and to everyone else, it will all come in due course...

I-130 - FB-1 case approved 2/28/2007 (I waited very long for this to be approved)
I-485, 131, 765 - receipt date 10/1/08
I-485, 765 - biometrics 11/14/08
I-131, 765 - approved 12/5/08
I-485 interview letter - dated 12/2/08
I-485 interview - 1/27/09
Welcome Notice dated 2/4/09

Will let you know once I get the card in the mail.

hi xerostomic- from what i know all fb-1's need an interview (unless things change). i don't know how long it takes from 485 to interview. it really depends on so many things- where you live, background check, RFE's, so there is no guideline. for some reason mine was fast and so is ULTRON's.

From ULTRON's timeline looks like 4 months from I485 receipt to interview date. Not bad at all. I would be happy with anything less than 6 months.

Any March bulletin predictions? How does Aug 1, 2002 sound?

hey congratulations , I had a quick question. Do all FB1's have to go for interview. I think the average time between filing 485 and interview is 6 months. am I right.

If dates progress 3 weeks per month it should reach your PD around July, 2009, so in that case you will be able to file for adjustment on July 1.

Mermaid,

Problem is I am legal until 05/17/09. I know that you can stay in the country once you file I-485, so if I send it in earlier (in anticipation of current PD) would that buy me some time from may to july....?

I am pretty sure that you can't file i485 before PD becomes current :( Don't you have a grace period after H1B expiration?

Mermaid,

Problem is I am legal until 05/17/09. I know that you can stay in the country once you file I-485, so if I send it in earlier (in anticipation of current PD) would that buy me some time from may to july....?

it moved 3 weeks not 2 weeks. it went from 2 july to 22 july in last month, but i know it does slow down.