Yayyyy! I've received the interview letter!

a_usc

Registered Users (C)
Yayyyy! We've received the interview letter :D. Having read about so many people getting an RFE recently, we were almost expecting one too. So when he saw a letter from USCIS my husband goes - :( this I think will be an RFE and its gonna delay our process... but when we opened it... yippieee... Interview is scheduled for Jun 20, 2006 - ie 112 days from the date of mailing the I-485.

Time to get busy with interview preparation :)

a_usc said:
Yayyyy! We've received the interview letter :D. Having read about so many people getting an RFE recently, we were almost expecting one too. So when he saw a letter from USCIS my husband goes - :( this I think will be an RFE and its gonna delay our process... but when we opened it... yippieee... Interview is scheduled for Jun 20, 2006 - ie 112 days from the date of mailing the I-485.

congrat!!!!

I received mine too!!!

June 26th...

No EAD yet though :(

No LUD since April 17th either...

Congrats!!!

I am still waiting..... :(

Did you all get an email for the interview, and than the formal letter? Or just a letter?

My DO is San Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:
payala said:
I received mine too!!!

June 26th...

No EAD yet though :(

No LUD since April 17th either...
Congrats to you, too, payala! Don't worry, I'm sure you will get your EAD soon. I couldn't even send my RFE back yet.. :(
Hang in there, it's going to be fine! :)

a_usc said:

Congratulations and Good Luck :)

eadhelp said:
Congrats!!!

I am still waiting..... :(

Did you all get an email for the interview, and than the formal letter? Or just a letter?

My DO is San Francisco

The interview letter is like the Notice of Action (receipts) that you received before.

Good luck,

I hope that you change all the info because you know that people can look all the info in it right? :rolleyes:

Your case is marriage based as well? and you came from what type of visa?...is asking you different stuff. Even the color and the list is totally different as the ones I have seen (including mine).

cherr1980 said:
I hope that you change all the info because you know that people can look all the info in it right? :rolleyes:

And what did you think?? It is not mine, it is a sample from another website!! And it is not about the color, but about the info on it. If you do not like the color, go ahead, change it and repost it - i have better things to do.

Congratulations payala and a_usc. I have heard that recently, USCIS only issues interview letters once name check is done. I am not sure if this is true bur if it is, your green card is not far away.

a_usc said:

Congratulations a_usc !!!
Pretty quick processing there :)
Good luck with the interview!

Wow!!! Thanks to you all... no not this way... uhmm wait a minute...

Okay now -

Patty - thanks for the wishes. I hope you too soon receive the interview letter :). I saw Payala's case... she too got RFE but it didn't delay her Interview letter much... so I think you too should the IL soon after you respond to the RFE.

ocworker, hubert, eadhelp, Cherr, Suzy977, visaapplicant, Jen - thank you so much for your wishes... the journey so far has been smooth and I hope the remaining wouldn't be any different :)

Payala - Congrats! I am glad that the RFE didn't delay your process much. Good luck with the interview prep.

EricNeesGC - Thanks, I really really hope what you said about USCIS sending ILs after FBI namecheck is cleared is true. $$$$ Have my fingers (and toes lol) crossed... because now having received the IL earlier than we expected it, FBI namecheck has become a bit of a worry. I have seen a few cases reported here where the Interview call was so early that the FBI namecheck was not complete. I hope it doesnt happen with us that way.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Thanks for all the help n support :)

a_usc said:
Wow!!! Thanks to you all... no not this way... uhmm wait a minute...

Okay now -

Patty - thanks for the wishes. I hope you too soon receive the interview letter :). I saw Payala's case... she too got RFE but it didn't delay her Interview letter much... so I think you too should the IL soon after you respond to the RFE.

ocworker, hubert, eadhelp, Cherr, Suzy977, visaapplicant, Jen - thank you so much for your wishes... the journey so far has been smooth and I hope the remaining wouldn't be any different :)

Payala - Congrats! I am glad that the RFE didn't delay your process much. Good luck with the interview prep.

EricNeesGC - Thanks, I really really hope what you said about USCIS sending ILs after FBI namecheck is cleared is true. $$$$ Have my fingers (and toes lol) crossed... because now having received the IL earlier than we expected it, FBI namecheck has become a bit of a worry. I have seen a few cases reported here where the Interview call was so early that the FBI namecheck was not complete. I hope it doesnt happen with us that way.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Thanks for all the help n support :)

woahhh...that looks like a happy family greeting message... :D :D ....u forgot my name a_usc...but let me congratulate u first..... :)

tapskap said:
woahhh...that looks like a happy family greeting message... :D :D ....u forgot my name a_usc...but let me congratulate u first..... :)

Hey Taps,
Geee thanks!!! Here - I've written a special thank you message for you :D How abt that? And of course - good luck to you too for your interview next month.

Yeah... I like to socialize and make friends and here on this forum, I've found so many such like minded people - of which many have completed their GC process, but still hang around to help others :)

Couldnt be the first to wish... dont wanna be the last one either :D
a_usc and payala, wish you all the best for your interview and good luck with your preparations. Dont disappear after you get your GC ;)

Thanks everyone!!

I just moved into a new apartment so things are kinda messy right now, that's why I haven't been posting a lot. My family is coming next week for my graduation so I want to have everything nice and ready for them.

Well thanks again and I'll hopefully post more updates soon.

a_usc, when is your last online update?