wrong job title - problem?

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I made a mistake on N400. I wrote my job title as "Product Assurance Analyst" instead of "Quality Assurance Engineer".

Do you think it is a problem? Could I just say at the interview that I made a mistake?

I know it is a silly question but any thoughts on this appreciated.

Thanks

In the greater scheme of things, this issue is not worth worrying about. I am not even sure a correction at interview is required but if you want to, make sure you have some plausible explanation as to the mistake.

To be brutally honest, I do not think that 99% of the population (both me and the IO included) would know the difference !!!! It might just open up an unnecessary conversation.

No it is not a problem, this is called a "cosmetic" error and not a lie or anything like that. If the IO asks you about it you can correct the "cosmetic" error during the interview. This is America and not North Korea, if the IO makes a big deal about such an issue you can go to the court and win instantly but I am sure that the IO will not create a problem what so ever about it and 99.9% he or she will not even ask you about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed 3 minor typo's on my application, I fixed typos and took copies of it to the interview. I mentioned about it during interview, IO fixed it just by making corrections to the original application itself.

You can follow similar approach and you should be fine.

This is a NON issue. You should be very lucky that you have issue like this in your N-400. Many people have much BIGGER problems with N-400 and would like to trade your issue with their's any day.

So relax and tell I/O officer when asked during the intervew. If not asked, do not worry about it.

Thanks for the comments guys

Hi All,

Thanks for your advice/comments.

I guess I am getting a little paranoid...cant help it.:)

Thanks again!

You can also get promoted...

The best I can wish for you is to get promoted from "Quality Assurance Engineer" to "Quality Assurance Manager". You then should mention at the interview that your job title changed, and you probably would not mind being promoted. :) :) :)

wont mind at all :)

McMohan,

Could you Please talk to my company for doing that-;) How I would love getting promoted:)

Wish everyone who is waiting all the best. May your interview letters come soon.

Regards

Timeline
NEWARK DO
PD-04/12/2007
FP-05/18/2007
IL--?????