Wrong Information is conveyed to DIMA officers

animator13

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I need advice regarding the visit of DIMA officers at my working place. I have applied under Skilled Independent Visa.

I am a System Analyst. I work in a company for 4 years. The job there is on contract basis which is renewed every six months but on a full time basis. i.e I work as much as their regular employees work (8 hrs per day/6days a week). I was on leave for 4 days and the DIMA officers visited my office between that and got the wrong information as under:

1. They have visited at 6 pm. At that time most of our employees of the HR department left the office. Its by matter of luck or chance that the manager HR was present there. The DIMA officers showed him the reference letter issued by the HR Manager which he accepts that he had signed and issued. However I have not told anyone in my company specially the HR people that I have applied for Austrlian PR bec of the risk involved with my current job. He has given them wrong information without understanding the importance of the matter. He told them that he thinks that I had joined on 2005 rather than 2003 as written on my reference letter issued by manager HR himself without seeing the records and ultimately spoiling my case. I donot know all this until I received the objection letter from my case officer. What should I do now?

2. When I asked the manager HR about their visit after I got objection he told me that DIMA officers asked for any proof like my attendance, agreement, joining letter etc from Manager HR. But as only the manager HR himself was present there without any other staff, he told them to come next day for any other supportive documents . But the DIMA officers didn’t turn next day. He also told me that he keep on saying them that he don’t know the exact year but the DIMA officers repeadly asking him and asked him to give approximate year which he dont know. The DIMA officers asked him to write that on my reference letter submitted to the case officer against my joining date ie 2003 and the manager HR written 2005 there. What should I do now?

3. Is this anything to do with my case if I am on contract basis but working full time?I have the assessment from the ACS and it was also clearly mentioned on my letter of appointment submitted to them that I will b on contract basis but working full time.What u think? They have raised the concern that I am on contract basis not on full time. Whats and where is my fault if any? Kindly advise?

4. I have to go to client sites most of the time and I hardly come office bec of the workload. I only report to the heads through mails that I am present or on leave. They also mentioned that they have shown my pic to some other employees who never seen you. I don’t know who they are as we have many other departments also in our company.Whats the solution?

5. Can I request the case officer to send the DIMA officers again in my working hours?

Lastly I discussed the matter with the senior management about this and they agree to help me if anything they can do. I am applying myself without hiring a consultant. What supporting documents should I send to the case officer that will prove that I am working there? I don’t want to suffer because of someone else faults. Kindly help

Regards

Animator13 :confused:

This is NOT legal advice

If something is wrong they will give you a chance to explain yourself. If
such a situation occurs, write a nice long letter to the DIMIA case officer
detailing everything. Also, send as much evidence as possible to support
your claim.

It is a good idea to seek advice from a good consultant like Alan Collet or George Lombard on Google groups.

Thanks for replyig.

Yes I got the objection from there and they have given me time to reply on that. I am writing a long reply with supported docs. Anything else ? Kindly suggest.

Regards

Lots of detail

You did a very neat job on posting the problem point by point. Make sure you
do that in the same way when writing to your case officer. Also, the more
the supporting evidence you put , the better it is for you. In your letter, you might want to list all the supporting documents you have included. It is easy for them to miss submitted papers.

Thsese papers might help
1) Hiring document
2) copies of payslips from 2003.
3) Tax returns copies
4) Additional documentation from company superiors, this time addressed to the case officer directly. with thier work numbers, cell numbers and email written on the letter.

Good luck man. Also post on google groups, There are some Gurus there who can help.

I replied them but no reply from their side. Its already 1 month gone. How much more time they will take? I wanna leave this job. Kindly advice what to do? Should I mail my case officer or not?

They usually do not reply. In our case, my wife's case was denied because she failed to appear for the interview. We had good reasons for missing the appointement, we moved to another state and we did file AR-11 right after leaving our old address. So I wrote a long letter explaining our situation in detail. We did not hear a thing from them. But when we went to the interview in the new state, the IIO told us that my letter was received and on the basis of that they withdrew the denial notice. So if you do not hear from them then it is perhaps good news. They accepted your arguments and are processing your case. I hope you did send your letter with a return receipt so that you can prove, if necessary, that you responed to BCIS inquiry. Good Luck.

I replied them but no reply from their side. Its already 1 month gone. How much more time they will take? I wanna leave this job. Kindly advice what to do? Should I mail my case officer or not?

Thanks MGM!

I had sent my reply through DHL. It has the online tracking system. It says docs delivered.

The prob is this that in few cases they havent replied after 8 months and one of my colleagues got rejection after waiting for 6 months. What u say?
What u suggest?

Regards

Animator13

Hi MGM,

How much more time I should wait. Actually I want to start my own business. So is it good if I shift now? I am really very confused. What to do?

Regards

Animator13

Animator . You can call your Case Officer and ask( very politely ) if they received your letter and iny other info is required.

MGM, This is an Australia thread :) No AR 11s here ..

Hello Klein,
Thank you for notifiying me that it is the Australian thread. I assumed it to be the US immigration related thread and was wondering what DIMA officer meant :) . Now it makes sense. Good Luck to you all.
MGM

Animator . You can call your Case Officer and ask( very politely ) if they received your letter and iny other info is required.

MGM, This is an Australia thread :) No AR 11s here ..

"I need advice regarding the visit of DIMA officers at my working place. I have applied under Skilled Independent Visa."

Hi,

You wrote that they visited your workplace. Where are you located. If I apply for a visa and lets say I'm from Europe they will visit Europe? It would be quite difficult for them to visit each applicant I think.

How does this work?

Thank you,
Peter

Last edited by a moderator: