Wrong DOB on GC -

Min4

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I need some urgent advice/help. My 1 485 was approved from the VSC center in December 2004. The GC has just come in (March 1) with an incorrect DOB! Oh boy.

I e-filed my I 90 yesterday. However it never asked me for what the mistake was? Is there somewhere it should have asked what the adminsitrative error was ? Also before I could press finish, the browser closed? So I don’t have a copy of the application form as it was filled. Is it something to get stressed about? Where can I get a copy of the form (which I efiled)?I did get the receipt number - LIN 058*******. What does 8 stand for ?

Also when I try to check the status on line today it say “ Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. Does it come up because I did not press finish?

When I called the call center, I got a canned answer “ You should see the file on line after 4-5 days. Is it correct? Do they send any confirmation by mail for filing on line? I suppose they should send an I 797. Should I wait till I get the 1-797 to send the supporting documents ... which I believe should be the original GC and the Birth certificate..

Is there any way to check if they have all the information after I send the supporting documents ,stamping etc ...

The confirmation receipt number is a LIN number. My final question to all you guru's is if the LIN number will cause a problem as my original approval was from Vermont. Will it cause any delays etc? (I did my pp stamping at Chicago as I had moved from NJ).

Any advise/suggestion would be most welcome.

I dont know what you need to do now as you efiled and you are not sure that it went to correct service center.
I will fill up new I-90, 2 photgraphs, evidence of correct name , take infopass and will go to Local USCIS and will file I-90 ( they can also check with your A3 if you already filed I-90 ) update others if visit local USCIS

Wrong DOB on green card.

Ming,

Did you get any updates? I got my GC yesterday, and found out that the DOB is not right. I am wondering what I should do next.

I guess that I have two options:

1. file on line, then I would need to pay $255.
2. send a paper copy of I-90 and supporting documentation, which states that they made the mistake. But I really don't know what are the supporting document for that.

Any advice? Thanks a lot.

qyang0828 said:
Ming,

Did you get any updates? I got my GC yesterday, and found out that the DOB is not right. I am wondering what I should do next.

I guess that I have two options:

1. file on line, then I would need to pay $255.
2. send a paper copy of I-90 and supporting documentation, which states that they made the mistake. But I really don't know what are the supporting document for that.
----------- send the paper copy of I-90 to your Service center ( the have address for I-90 to be sent to service center) attach the copy of your passport first page and Stamp page or other pages with US visa stamps, copy of I-485 approval, Driving licence copy, any other document that shows your correct name and DOB
Any advice? Thanks a lot.

Got my DOB corrected within 1 month!

I have learned so much from this portal, so at this point when the long journey is finally finished, I would like to share my experience with you guys. I would be happy if it is useful to some new comers.

I went to Newark office for I485 interview. The officer insisted to see my original birth certificate. I didn't bring that with me, so I came home empty-handed and had to send my original birth certificate to Newark with attention to that officer. I was so worried at that time, because that birth certificate is the last copy I can find. If that one got lost, I would get so stuck. But very fortunately, I got my birth certificate back within 15 days, with an approval letter. Then I went to Newark again to get a stamp, which turned out to be very unnecessary because I got the plastic card within two weeks after receiving the approval letter.

To my disappointment, my first green card had a wrong DOB (date of birth). I thought it is very important to correct it because it is inconsistent with all of my other documents. So I have to file an I-90. I can't file through e-file as instruction states. I mailed these documentation to Vermont, which office issued my first green card:

1. I-90 Application Form
2. Copy of passport and visa
3. Copy of birth certificate.
4. Copy of AR-11
5. Copy of Fingerprint Stand Operating Procedure form
6. Permanent Resident Card

And included is a letter explaining the whole thing. After another two weeks, I got a 797 form stating fee is waived, and then after another week a welcome notice, and then another week, my new green card.

form 797 instructs me to make an appointment, but when I called the 1-800 number, the agent said, they changed the procedure, and appointment will be made directly by vermont, so I have to wait for another notice from vermont. meanwhile, I can do nothing. (for my case, I guess they finally decided that another biometrics appoinment is not necessary)

I think I am unlucky and lucky. Anyhow, it is finally ended with a great relief.

Thanks for any help that I got from this forum. Thank to sponsors of this portal: information is an invaluable asset to all the anxious applicants. Wish all of you good luck :) !

Last edited by a moderator: