wrong date on the card

jani2711

Registered Users (C)
My daughter has one wrong digit on her b'day on the card 09 instead of 19 for the date. All other documents are showing the right date.
She has been out of the country a couple of times (Canada and Bahamas) and had no problem coming back to US (I did not know about the problem at the time)
I just realized that today and she is due to travel next week to India.
Would she have any problems at the port ?
Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter has one wrong digit on her b'day on the card 09 instead of 19 for the date. All other documents are showing the right date.
She has been out of the country a couple of times (Canada and Bahamas) and had no problem coming back to US (I did not know about the problem at the time)
I just realized that today and she is due to travel next week to India.
Would she have any problems at the port ?
Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks.

GC is for entry to US, for entry to India She need only Indian passport
while coming back to US from India US POE may have no problems but before she takes flight for US from India one has to fill up form and go for immigration line they may or may not create problem.
you should contact: http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/

Shoot. Should I think of cancelling the trip !!!:(

When one depart India one goes to airline counter and then airline counter take the ticket and ask for the Green Card and passport then the Airline counter gives you a boarding pass and it simply means that airline don’t have problem taking you to US on particular airline flight. Airline counter also gives you immigration departure form that you fill up and then you proceed to immigration line and immigration officer checks the passport and enter the passport details in the computer system and at this point immigration officer also ask if you have Green Card. You show the green card and they don’t enter any details of green card and stamp the passport with departure date.

** If any problem I would suggest to take her I-485 approval notice or any other document that has her correct date of birth. Take the copy of form I-90 and inform the officer that one is supposed to fill this form with USCIS if any error on the card from USCIS and your daughter is going to file the form once reach US. I don’t think they should have problem. Your daughter name is same on her passport and her green card.

It shouldn't be a problem, but you may be able to have the GC fixed on USCIS's dime. Also, while that is pending, go to USCIS and get her passport stamped with the GC stamp or whatever it's called.

It shouldn't be a problem, but you may be able to have the GC fixed on USCIS's dime. Also, while that is pending, go to USCIS and get her passport stamped with the GC stamp or whatever it's called.
That is correct, one should file form I-90 and one has to send the incorrect card back to USCIS and need to explain that it is USCIS error and no fees is needed. Form I-90 should be sent to USCIS service centre with any evidence of child date of Birth and the wrong info on card should be explained on cover letter. The problem is that if you file I-90 without fees then the USCIS don’t send I-90 receipt and the local USCIS office need the I-90 filing receipt to stamp the passport.
USCIS is taking more than 6 month to send corrected card.

** I dont see problem to enter US with the present Card that has incorrect DOB
*** if any problem one can get Transportation letter from US consulate in India and can also file form I-90 trough Consulate

** I know a person who has incorrect info on his Green Card and went to India 4 times and came back to US without any problems. his Name on Passport is: Kapil Dev Sharma and his Green Card is :Sarma, Kapil Dev (it should be Sharma not Sarma on GC)

Last edited by a moderator:
i got my filling receipt after i filled I90 without any fees

i guess nebraska center is special that way?

Thank you all

I really appriciate the responses.
I am a lot relieved now by the possitive replies.
I will get the GC corrected once they came back and INS customer service also mentioned that I can get corrected after comming back.
But you all know Desi's (like me) we always need a smallest of reason to worry a big deal when it comes to immigration. :)
I will still prepare for the worst and send all the approvals with my wife since i am not going.

Again Thank you all.