Wrong Address Mess

coolest_head

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Here is my situation:
1. I applied for my 485, EAD and AP in the Jul-Aug rush.
2. The address on all the forms is wrong. (One number on the street address is wrong)
3. USCIS cached my cheques but I did not get any reciept notices.
4. I got my recipt numbers from the back of my checks and I am tracking them on the website.
5. Reciept date is Sept 18, 2007
6. I called USCIS and tried to change address and they told me to change it online and wait. Did that on Sept 27, 2007 (AR-11 and pending cases)
7. Currently, the people who applied with me are getting thier FP notices.
8. I did not see the address change go through yet (no update on the site).
9. I am worried that I am going to miss my FP notices. My company messed up, so there is no lawyer who is going to get the FP notice copy :(.
10. I took INFOPASS on Oct 16, 2007 for discussing this with the IO.

Is there anything else I can do at this point ?.
Will the IO at INFOPASS give me a copy of the FP notice or a second FP notice because I lost the first one in mail ?
Will calling the USCIS at this point be helpful ?. Will they be able to tell me if my FP notices have been sent out ?

Please respond with your valuble suggestions and comments.

Thank You

-Bipin

I have been a long time reader of this forum and this has been one of the best forums for information.
Thanks to all who have contributed. Keep up the good work for the benifit of people like me :)

Folks,
Here is my situation:
1. I applied for my 485, EAD and AP in the Jul-Aug rush.
2. The address on all the forms is wrong. (One number on the street address is wrong)
3. USCIS cached my cheques but I did not get any reciept notices.
4. I got my recipt numbers from the back of my checks and I am tracking them on the website.
5. Reciept date is Sept 18, 2007
6. I called USCIS and tried to change address and they told me to change it online and wait. Did that on Sept 27, 2007 (AR-11 and pending cases)
7. Currently, the people who applied with me are getting thier FP notices.
8. I did not see the address change go through yet (no update on the site).
9. I am worried that I am going to miss my FP notices. My company messed up, so there is no lawyer who is going to get the FP notice copy :(.
10. I took INFOPASS on Oct 16, 2007 for discussing this with the IO.

Is there anything else I can do at this point ?.
Will the IO at INFOPASS give me a copy of the FP notice or a second FP notice because I lost the first one in mail ?
Will calling the USCIS at this point be helpful ?. Will they be able to tell me if my FP notices have been sent out ?

Please respond with your valuble suggestions and comments.

Thank You

-Bipin

I have been a long time reader of this forum and this has been one of the best forums for information.
Thanks to all who have contributed. Keep up the good work for the benifit of people like me :)

Please do let us know about what you learn from IO.

Please do let us know about what you learn from IO.
The local USCIS office IO will be of no help IO is not having his file. Person did a mistake writing his address on forms. did not he check the address on forms before he signed the forms? he should call 1800NCSC and also write letter to USCIS where I-485 is pending (No guarantee that his address will be changed on forms, many who did inform USCIS still the USCIS sending documents to old address)

Ginnu,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that was a stupid mistake on my part. :( :(

What do you mean the IO will not have my file ?

I thought in INFOPASS, the IO will have my file, because I have the Reciept number of my I-485 and I used it when I took my appointment.

I called USCIS thrice and every-time they say that we can only change the address online.

-Bipin

Ginnu,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that was a stupid mistake on my part. :( :(

What do you mean the IO will not have my file ?
---------------you are going to Local USCIS office and Local USCIS does NOT have your I-485 file. your file is with the service center where I-485 was sent
I thought in INFOPASS, the IO will have my file,
---------------NO he will not have your file
because I have the Reciept number of my I-485 and I used it when I took my appointment.
--------------------the local USCIS does not have your file. For your peace of mind of you still want to visit local office and want to talk to IO then go
I called USCIS thrice and every-time they say that we can only change the address online.

-Bipin

---------------------------

Try calling again. I called and the Customer Rep and got my address changed.

I never got the fingerprinting notice (guess it got lost); my lawyer sent me his copy. My EAD went to the old address, but luckily I had talked to my ex mail-person and ex-apt manager so they intercepted the EAD and I got that yesterday.

Maybe you can go the local IO and get your fingerprinting done? - you do have your A# and the receipt # of 485 and explain them their situation. Maybe they will allow you to get it done - not sure?

Anyway, try calling USCIS again - I called once and the lady said do it online and called the second time another lady helped me by changing it. But there is a link/form on the USCIS website where you can change address on all of your pending applications - this is a seprate link/form than the AR-11.

That page allows you to insert your receipt #, your A#, select the application (I485, I131 or I765) and change the address. You will get a confirmation number once you do that.

I can give you the link, if you want it - it is on my office computer.

Thanks all

Thanks Ginnu and Resident1347.

I will try to call again today. The problem is that it has not been 30 days yet from my reciept date and the customer service refuses to take any action.

I'll try calling USCIS again.

I have changed the address online for all my pending applications. Hopefully, if will flow through correctly and get to my file.

Resident1347,
Can you tell me how the conversation went with the second Customer Rep.

One stupid mistake and getting punished like hell !!!

Nothing special. I just was friendly; she said her name was "xyz" and I greeted her by calling out her name; she asked me what all applications do I need to change my address - I told her I485, I765 and I131.

But, if you have changed it on-line then you are good. You will get a notice of change-of-address in mail in couple of weeks. I got my notice after 12 days for I485. No notice yet for I765 or I131

Got notice of change of address

Folks,
Thanks for your support. I just got my change of notice addresses for I485 and I765. No notice yet for I131.

-Bipin

Folks,
Thanks for your support. I just got my change of notice addresses for I485 and I765. No notice yet for I131.

-Bipin

hi Bipin,

How did you do it? by calling USCIS and talking to Customer Rep or online?

Do let us know!!!!

Resident1347
That page allows you to insert your receipt #, your A#, select the application (I485, I131 or I765) and change the address. You will get a confirmation number once you do that.

Can you please share the link?

Thanks

My Infopass experience update

Folks,

Here is my INFOPASS Experience:
The lady at the front window pulled up my I-485 and said they didn't send my FP notices yet.
I explained to her I didn't get my notices because of the address mess. She gave me me and my wife's A#s.
She refused to send us inside to talk to a REAL Immigration Officer.
She did NOT have any record of our EAD and AP applications. She explained, since they are employment based, they are only available to Service Center(Texas Service Center in our case) and asked me to write a letter to them

Thanks for all your support. I got the change of address notices for I-131 also.

I have a question:
I read somwhere in the forums that they will re-issue FP appointment in case I change my address .

Is this ture?
The reason I ask is, I have not recieved my FP notices yet so I am not sure if i missed them or they have not been sent yet.

Update:
My wife's EAD came to the correct address today. :)
My EAD is unfortunately lost in the jungle.

I hope this helps someone else too.

-Bipin

If you have filed via a Lawyer, then your lawyer gets a copy. I lost my FP Notice due to the change of addres; got the copy from the lawyer. I got my FP done today.

Just call up the center and ask them, if any FP Notice was issued? keep on trying. You don't want to miss your FP appointment.

Last edited by a moderator: