Writing on back on passport size pictures

DreamUSA

Registered Users (C)
Guys..I know this may sound stupid question...

I got my wifes and own picts at costco...good pictures but it is hard to write with a pencil on the back...softly....(as N-400 guidance says)...I did my wife pictures...BUT the print is almost visible on the other side...Pencil is not sharp...i tried everything

I know this sounds so stupid...i missed that i can use felt pen..

Does anyone run intp problem with writring pen on the back for photos ?

Guys..I know this may sound stupid question...

I got my wifes and own picts at costco...good pictures but it is hard to write with a pencil on the back...softly....(as N-400 guidance says)...I did my wife pictures...BUT the print is almost visible on the other side...Pencil is not sharp...i tried everything

I know this sounds so stupid...i missed that i can use felt pen..

Does anyone run intp problem with writring pen on the back for photos ?

I had the same problem too...so I used a fine tip sharpie...this is a permanent black marker...this is the only pen I was able to write on the glossy surface...nothing else worked...

I got my wifes and own picts at costco...good pictures but it is hard to write with a pencil on the back...softly....(as N-400 guidance says)

If you really want to use a pencil, get a **rubber** ink eraser and gently but repeatedly rub the back surface of the picture and that will take off the shiny coating. Then use the pencil to sign.

The rubber ink erasers are available at Walmart for under a buck. They are usually colored light blue. They have a sandpaper-like grit mixed in with the rubber. Also wet/dry sandpaper from your local hardware store will do the same. Get something like 400 grit or higher, maybe 600.

Thanks guys..do we need to sign on back on PICTURES with signature ? Or is at the time of interview ???

You just print your full name and A#on the back of the photographs when you apply.
At my interview, the IO used an eraser to create a surface on the front of the photos to write on (maybe it was just one photograph, I dont remember). It was in the white space next to my head. Then I had to sign my first and last name in cursive (not my usual first initial then last name signature I use to sign checks and credit card receipts).

I didn't see the IO do anything to the back and since it was in permanent pen I doubt the IO did. Besides, they need to have your name and A# on the back incase your photos get separated from your file.

Thanks guys..do we need to sign on back on PICTURES with signature ? Or is at the time of interview ???

Best of luck with my last name... It needs to be poster board sized to fit :eek:

I have regretted going to Costco for such pics. More expensive places produce thicker pictures, more immune to handwriting.