Write "A number" on check or Money order

DreamUSA

Registered Users (C)
N400 ...Instructions say "Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order" ,,,,this is odd..usually you endorse the check on back and write tracking numbers on front....

I assume i am reading this right

N400 ...Instructions say "Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order" ,,,,this is odd..usually you endorse the check on back and write tracking numbers on front....

I assume i am reading this right

There's nothing odd about it..the same thing is done when you write "For deposit to account xxx only " on the back of your check.

I wrote A# and N-400 on the front of the check. Is this ok?

I don't get your sense of anxiety here...:confused: Just have the check with the correct amount, extremely important that your A#, cause if the check amount is wrong, rejection due to incorrect filing fee.:cool: Just write the A# on the Memo Line: A0123456789: N400 APP FEE. Go about your business dude if you have one, cause no need to focus on the manure of the application process....:rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong in writing the A# on the back of your check. You'll be fine. Just do it.

I just read N-400 instruction for the latest version. There is NO WHERE MENTION WRITE A# ON THE BACK OF THE CHECK.

Where did you see it.:confused:

I just read N-400 instruction for the latest version. There is NO WHERE MENTION WRITE A# ON THE BACK OF THE CHECK.

Where did you see it.:confused:

Write your A# on the Memo Line... If you are fretting over such a small manure, what will happen when you go for the interview and you asked who old you to write the A# on the back of the check?

This is what I did:

MEMO LINE: A#
APPL FOR I485.

I wrote the correct amount and I move on, so did USCIS by giving me the correct paperwork...:)

A# on check for N-400

Do we have to write it anywhere as the instructions do not mention it anywhere.

See what USCIS said recently on the check writing instruction. No more questions on this issue....:eek:

Yeah right, you wish it were that simple. I cant post URL's but please read the following at :
Document Checklist for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

A check or money order for the application fee and the biometric services fee (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from the biometrics services fee). Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order. The application fee is $595 and the biometrics services fee is $80. You may combine the fees into one check or money order. Make your check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security."

400, I really don't understand what the issue is here. I wrote my A # on the back of my check. It was cashed without issues.

400, I really don't understand what the issue is here. I wrote my A # on the back of my check. It was cashed without issues.

Well the issue is it says on the back on one and then the other says on the memo section..

Well the issue is it says on the back on one and then the other says on the memo section..

ok, first of all this is an internet forum. There is no one here working for USCIS giving you advice. There are people telling you to write it on the front and there are people asking you to write it on the back. Do what you think makes the most sense like the other person said.

Here, how about this? Write it both on the front as well as the back. How's that for redundancy? Do that and pray that your US citizenship is not denied and you are not deported from the country. :rolleyes: