• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Wow one week to go!!!!

I wish I could comment on the subject matter. But I have neither been to Canada nor USA. But the general feeling from where I come from is, if you want to raise a family. Canada is preferable. But if you want to hustle and have a decent shot at good opportunities, then the US is the best place to be.

Couldn't have say it any better, even in north america, most agree with that (although the northern part of the westcoast weither Canada or USA is great for raising children).
Canada is for family people, affordable schools, not so much about gang culture ect... USA on the other hand is for hard worker. Be prepared that in usa you won't get any special treatment... It's a place where you have to work hard... but very rewarding if you do it right. When I was in Portland Oregon at my wife's ante, her master bathroom was the same size of my living room... Do not think I rent a crappy tiny thing... it is a new unit, very good... but her bedroom makes my apartment small...

Everything is big in the US, u can get a big house or big appartement with affordable rent price , that what is good. U can live a decent life in the US with only 2500$ after tax wage.

Everything is big in the US, u can get a big house or big appartement with affordable rent price , that what is good. U can live a decent life in the US with only 2500$ after tax wage.

In fact it depend where.

Well, ecxept from places like NYC, DC, Boston and SF, the US is pretty cheap in term of housing...
Here i found 3 listings I put on my blog

http://buzztc.com/anonym2013-04-29a13a42a22

2 from Texas and one from Portland

Last edited by a moderator: