Would my H1b be valid if I go on a 6 months vaccation

deepoo

I am on H1 b visa. I am permanent with my employer but I work as a contractor. I have to go to India for 5-6 months. I have resigned from my current project but I am taking 6 months leave from my employer. I haven’t got my visa stamped yet as it was issued just 6 months back. I am getting an appointment at the Mumbai consulate in August. At the time of stamping I would have passed 3 months of my vacation. Would I face any problems while stamping or while entering back to US as I was out of country for 6 months? If yes, then for how long can I legally stay out of USA and still maintain a valid H1b status?

What documents do I need from my employer before going for the stamping in India?
Do I need any document from my present client ?

Kindly reply ASAP

Thanks in advance.

As long as your employer does not cancel your H1, I think you should be fine. Look at the VFS site for more information on stamping and documents.

Hi deepoo.

In order to get H1 stamping either in India or Canada, at consulate they will ask you for current / recent pay slips. So, it's better to go while you have pay slips only. Why don't you go for stamping wherever the appointments are available early ?.

I think if you have passed 3 months of vacation when you go for your visa interview (I am assuming this would be unpaid vacation), then it could create problem.

satgym73 said:
Hi deepoo.

In order to get H1 stamping either in India or Canada, at consulate they will ask you for current / recent pay slips. So, it's better to go while you have pay slips only. Why don't you go for stamping wherever the appointments are available early ?.