Would it be possible to do Adjustment of Status for my Fiancee?

DeepC408

Hello. I (a US citizen) want to get married to my fiancee next year and wanted to know if I can do Adjustment of Status for her once we marry. Here is the background on my fiancee. Her parents came to the US and filed for asylum (my fiancee was not listed in the application). The asylum was granted to her parents. Her parents filed for her to come to the US as a derivative. She came to the US with inspection at age 9. She has lived here ever since. When her and and her parents went to go for LPR status, the officer noted difference in date of entry into the US for her parents on the initial asylum application and decided to terminate the asylum and issue a NTA for 2019. In fear that my finacee will be sent back to her home country, she applied for and was granted DACA. Can she do AoS after marriage and later file for citizenship?

Being married to a US citizen overrides any prior status, except any extenuating circumstances such as a criminal history.

Sweet. I was scared but it seems by what you are saying, she can adjust status. She has not committed any crimes.

She entered legally, so she should be able to do Adjustment of Status.

You said they issued her an NTA. That means removal proceedings were initiated against her? Those proceedings were closed after she got DACA, right?