would i get deported?

douce

Registered Users (C)
hi i came to the usa in fevreuary 2005 with an F-1 visa. 6 month later i applied for asylum. unfortunately, my case was denied. I was not send to a judge and did not receive any other letter after. i just supposed that my case was closed and keep on going to school. last october i failed out of status because i did not go to school for the fall 2007 semester. the international student advisor told me i had to aply for reinstatement if I did not want to get deported which I did. but , one of my friend said i had very little chance of getting reinstated because of my asylum case. does anybody knows if my asylum case can seriously afect my reinstatement application? also if i get married to my citizen bf now will that stop the immigration form deporting me in case my reinstatement application is denied? please I need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should consult with a lawyer. You are definitively out of status at the moment, and its not unlikely that they will try to deport you at some point. The marriage-based I-130/I-485 should be possible, but again, get a good lawyer.

thank you. should I still aply for my reinstatement or should I just get married?

NO DON"T GET MARRIED. CONSULT A LAWYER.

If you get married, you may find yourself in a worse position. There are ways around this so you can stay and get married. You need to consult a lawyer. If you get married and are out of status, CIS might consider it a green card marriage and still deport you. I had a friend about a year ago in the same predicament. He went to see a lawyer, got the correct advice and his wife was able to stay.

DON'T DO ANYTHING FOOLISH.

What is your country of prosecution and what was the basis of your asylum application?
If you get married, it will be thoroughly scrutinized since it appears you are trying anything and everything to stay in the US. Consult a competent attorney.

thank you. should I still aply for my reinstatement or should I just get married?