Worry about my EAD

I went to an infopass today. But i forgot to print out the confirmation letter. and they could not find a record of the schedule of appointment in database for me, which means i could not get an infopass today. So the receptionist asked me what i were going for. I told her to check my status of EAD. She typed my case number in and told that i was already approved on september 13th and i would get the card in mail in 10 days. I was very happy. But when i were back home, i checked the status online and found it was still the old status. And actually my AP was approved on Septmeber 13th. So i became more and more doubtful that whether she input the wrong case number which is my AP number when she helped me to check it.
My question here is it true the ppl working in local office can see more status info than us seeing from the website?

sundra_shi said:
I went to an infopass today. But i forgot to print out the confirmation letter. and they could not find a record of the schedule of appointment in database for me, which means i could not get an infopass today. So the receptionist asked me what i were going for. I told her to check my status of EAD. She typed my case number in and told that i was already approved on september 13th and i would get the card in mail in 10 days. I was very happy. But when i were back home, i checked the status online and found it was still the old status. And actually my AP was approved on Septmeber 13th. So i became more and more doubtful that whether she input the wrong case number which is my AP number when she helped me to check it.
My question here is it true the ppl working in local office can see more status info than us seeing from the website?

Yes, the system which provides case status online and what the 1800 basic operators can see is different to the system which immigration officers can see.

Note that, when you call the 1800 number(highly unadvisable), you should ask speak to an officer in the tier 2 call centres, since they have access to the more complete database.

Finally , they updated my status online today

On September 18, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Yeah!!

Gratz to you Sundra_Shi!!

That bodes well for me as my RD is 7 days after yours ... hopefully I would get my EAD approved next week then.

Thanks for keeping me informed!
It is much appreciated!
:D

application for EAD is terminated

Hello to everyone. I am new to this forum, so sorry for not using abbriviations

Today, Sep. 19 I went to an infopass app. because it has been 90 days since i filed I-765...
And I was told that my application was terminated on Sep 1st (before the interview). I asked why, and was answered that they do not know and advised me to write a letter to Missouri Service Center... So I guess it was not denied?
Does anyone know what it might mean that application has been terminated?

And I already had an interview on Sep 13, but i have no stamp in my passport, and the officer told me the security checks has not cleared yet - wait for the result in the mail. She has not told me anything else in the interview...
I have a great job offer and will loose if I do not get my EAD soon.
Please help!

waiting for EAD approval

Hello All,

I'm new here

9/29/2006 - current EAD expires
6/19/2006 - new EAD(I-765) E-Filed
8/2/2006 - Recd. Notice for Appointment/Evidence
8/8/2006 - Biometrics done on

Current Status:
90 days past 6/19/2006 when I E-Filed I-765
I have following docs with me
- E-Filing confirmation receipt that has the "Biometrics processing stamp" with the date on which it was done and the date on which the application was E-Filed.
- A copy of I-765 application
- Request of evidence letter that I recieved from USCIS
- Receipt notice (I-797, Notice of Action, the light green color paper)

9/19/2006 - Went to local Infopass (Houston, TX). I was told that the processing is on time and there is nothing we can do. The person at infopass entered a query to send it to the service center for inquiry. I was also asked to write am inquiry letter to the Mesquite, TX center. If I do so then looks like a couple of weeks of wait till I receive any response them. :(

My questions to you all:

1. Can I continue to work using the above docs that I have with me, until the EAD is approved?
2. What options do I have till the EAD gets approved?
3. If the current EAD expires on 9/29/2006, do I have to stop working and sit at home?
4. I read some messages and didn't understand what is RD, LUD, ND etc.?

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Regards,
Mahesh

Approved

Hi All,

I posted the following message yesterday but this morning when I checked the case status on uscis.gov I saw that my case has been approved with the following message

Current Status:

On September 19, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,

Mahesh

mohitem said:
Hello All,

I'm new here

9/29/2006 - current EAD expires
6/19/2006 - new EAD(I-765) E-Filed
8/2/2006 - Recd. Notice for Appointment/Evidence
8/8/2006 - Biometrics done on

Current Status:
90 days past 6/19/2006 when I E-Filed I-765
I have following docs with me
- E-Filing confirmation receipt that has the "Biometrics processing stamp" with the date on which it was done and the date on which the application was E-Filed.
- A copy of I-765 application
- Request of evidence letter that I recieved from USCIS
- Receipt notice (I-797, Notice of Action, the light green color paper)

9/19/2006 - Went to local Infopass (Houston, TX). I was told that the processing is on time and there is nothing we can do. The person at infopass entered a query to send it to the service center for inquiry. I was also asked to write am inquiry letter to the Mesquite, TX center. If I do so then looks like a couple of weeks of wait till I receive any response them. :(

My questions to you all:

1. Can I continue to work using the above docs that I have with me, until the EAD is approved?
2. What options do I have till the EAD gets approved?
3. If the current EAD expires on 9/29/2006, do I have to stop working and sit at home?
4. I read some messages and didn't understand what is RD, LUD, ND etc.?

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Regards,
Mahesh

Worried about EAD

I am really worried about my EAD after reading all this posts about the NBC processing iEADs and not the DO anymore, I moved from Idaho to Texas pursuing a job offer that, of course, depends on my ability to work in this country. It has been more than 90 days and NCSC told there was a hold on both 485 and 765 because of the name check situation. ANyone has had any experience with the San Antonio DO? I'm starting to get a little desperate soince my wife is a full time student and she is pregnant, money is running out quick since I graduated from school in August (in Idaho) and can no longer work as an F-1 (I don't even know what my status is anymore) any comments on this? even with NBC handling iEADs, how long does that take to get?

My ND for form 765 is July 20th and still no EAD received.

I am in a similar situation. I'd like to quit my job since there is a great opportunity available to me that will not last much longer. But until I get that EAD, I'm stuck since I don't want to do anything illegal. I am anxiously checking the mail every day but so far no luck.

At the very worst I figure I get an infopass set up for the 91st day and get a temporary EAD.

back from Infopass

Yup, just as people were saying, District Offices no longer issue iEADs, as the immigration officer said, "they took that from the district offices" sooooo
now the NBC has to hurry up and send the EAD, I was disappointed but the the officer was kind nad caring enough to investigate a little bit about my case (I originaly filed to a DO in Boise, ID) and told me he will call me sometime, hopefully today to give me an updated status on my I765 after talking to the DO in Idaho. I'm still nervous but I'm glad they actually cared. Good luck to all of you.

When I was renewing my EAD last year (2005), I was worried about getting it back in time, so I applied about 5 1/2 months before expiration of EAD (Dec 2005). The card did come back on time, in Oct 2005, but the expiration on the card was still Dec 2005!! They had given me a replacement card rather than a renewal card! (They were trying to blame it on howthey were confused because I had applied too early, I had a copy of the application to prove that I checked off the right box). Then of course it took couple months to clear that up - I'd send the card back to one place, and they'd tell me to send to another. Then I'd send to the next place, and they'd tell me they didn't make any mistake! It took my husband and me going to an Infopass appointment, and me throwing hysterics about how I was going to get fired because they sent me the card with wrong expiration date to clear that up. (Since it was OBVIOUSLY their mistake.)

There really isn't any point to this annecdote, except that this year, I purposely did not apply for new EAD too early in light of my last year's fasco, and now I hear about this no issuance of interim EAD issue!! There really isn't an easy way with this process, is there...

Last edited by a moderator: