Worry about my EAD

sundra_shi

Registered Users (C)
I just got a new job offer, and the new company hopes me to start as soon as possible. But i am very upset about my EAD now. The USCIS got my 765 on July, 3th. But as i missed the medical exam form, they gave me the reference and i mailed the exam right back as soon as the day i got the reference letter from USCIS. So theoretically , October,2th will be the 90th days since i submitted I765. And i told the new company i would get the card from local office if it exceeds 90 days. My question here is that is it possible that even though i go the local immigration office after October 2th, they still dont give me the EAD?

USCIS got my I-765 on June 21 and I just got approved today. And I got no RFE. You're gonna have to wait at least another couple of weeks, I'm afraid.

sundra_shi said:
I just got a new job offer, and the new company hopes me to start as soon as possible. But i am very upset about my EAD now. The USCIS got my 765 on July, 3th. But as i missed the medical exam form, they gave me the reference and i mailed the exam right back as soon as the day i got the reference letter from USCIS. So theoretically , October,2th will be the 90th days since i submitted I765. And i told the new company i would get the card from local office if it exceeds 90 days. My question here is that is it possible that even though i go the local immigration office after October 2th, they still dont give me the EAD?

I haven't yet heard of a case where they've refused the interim EAD after 90 days of the application being received. You should be fine on Oct 2 if that is the 91st day.

The problem is that it appears that District Offices have stopped giving out interim EADs, and are saying interim EADs are now processed by NBC. God knows how long this adds to the process.

Yup, I tried to get my EAD on Friday last week and all I got was the copy of the new policy about IEAD. Basically, NBC is now processing everything, local offices lost their jurisdiction. Lady advised me to write to NBC re: AP and EAD so I might try that.

And I don't get this B...S... about strolling issuance of EAD with RFE when the law is clearly stating that AOS applicants can work while in the process of status adjustment. It doesn't say anything about RFE's, eventual denials or abandonment of AOS application.

That all pisses me off.

I know it's futile to bitch about anything about the GC process (except in letting out a little steam), but where does it even begin to make sense that NBC takes jurisdiction over iEADs? I thought the whole point was so you could get a temporary solution until you got your actual EAD. How does that help if they backlog those??

I'm with you cdnchris. Part of my reasoning when filing was "at least I'm guaranteed to get an iEAD after 90 days", now they've taken that away?

Luckily I got my EAD OK, but if I hadn't, I'd be f***ed by the end of the month.

dr_lha said:
The problem is that it appears that District Offices have stopped giving out interim EADs, and are saying interim EADs are now processed by NBC. God knows how long this adds to the process.

Yes, this was announced a couple of weeks back at an informational meeting between DHS and CA Bar --- most people are very sceptical about it, given the NBC's track record, but that is the way it is going to be.

dr_lha said:
I'm with you cdnchris. Part of my reasoning when filing was "at least I'm guaranteed to get an iEAD after 90 days", now they've taken that away?

Luckily I got my EAD OK, but if I hadn't, I'd be f***ed by the end of the month.

My reasoning was the same. I gave myself 4 months (though I would have given myself more time if I could have, decided too late about actually going through this process) but figured I could at least get the iEAD. Now I just hope I can at least get my EAD before my TN expires at the end of November.

I was soooo pissed off. Today is my 76th day. And i did not see any changes of my I765 status since the first day. I just got a very good job offer. and the start date will be Oct, 16th. If i cannot get my EAD by that day, I really dont know what to do then.

sundra_shi said:
I was soooo pissed off. Today is my 76th day. And i did not see any changes of my I765 status since the first day. I just got a very good job offer. and the start date will be Oct, 16th. If i cannot get my EAD by that day, I really dont know what to do then.

You should be ok.
Even if you don't get the card by then, you have 90 days after you sign the I-9

sarrebal said:
You should be ok.
Even if you don't get the card by then, you have 90 days after you sign the I-9
That's only true if the EAD has been approved, but you haven't recieved the card yet. If you haven't recieved any proof that your EAD hasn't been approved by USCIS, you can't sign the I-9.

dr_lha said:
That's only true if the EAD has been approved, but you haven't recieved the card yet. If you haven't recieved any proof that your EAD hasn't been approved by USCIS, you can't sign the I-9.

Yes, you cannot sign the I9 unless you have been approved. After that, you have 90 days to show the proof of the status, i.e. the EAD

LUD of my 765 is september 14th, but the content is not changed. It is still like your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on July 7, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.
So it is normal? or it means my 765 will be approved pretty soon?

I think you're on track. If you look at my timeline, you'll see I got my EAD approval recently, and filed about 2 weeks before you did. Although the RFE could hold you up a bit more.

However the LUD is a good sign. I got one, then a few days later got the approval. So maybe in the next few days...

sundra_shi,

I am in the exact same situation as you... waiting on EAD, with a RD of July 10 (Compared to your July 7th) and did not get the medical information sent in, so got an RFI. Unlike you, it took me much longer to get the medical info sent back to them though.

I called the 800 USCIS number, and because the status of my I-765 is not available on line due to a "technical glitch", after 77 minutes of holding, I talked with someone who had complete access to all my applications.

I was told that as long as my I-693 + supplement (medical information) was "in the system" before my I-765 was processed, I should be ok, and there should not be any delays in getting my EAD.

Anyways, now we just have to wait until they get processed, which I am hoping will be the last week in Sept (My current TN Visa expires Oct 2nd).

I really wish the processing times would have been updated last Friday. As of Sept 8th, they were processing I-765's with a RD of Jun 21st, so hopefully we are both just a few weeks away.

Anyway, PLEASE keep us updated when you hear word that yours was processed, because I do not get automatic updates, and have to call and wait an hour on hold to find out my status. When I hear yours was approved, I will be on the phone !! :D

PS : I also asked the USCIS person about how to apply for an interm EAD after my 90 days goes by if I do not get approved before then. She said to make an Infopass appointment... so I am not sure about others reporting that local offices cannot issue iEAD's?

You still need to go to the DO to apply for iEAD, but the DO no longer issues you the card. They simply give NBC a kick up the arse to process you quicker it seems.