Worried - Check not cashed

Vermont Applicant; Check not encashed

My application arrrived and delivered at Saint Albans Vermont office , July 12 and unitl now checks were not yet encashed.
According the published bulletin, Vermont center is updated with N400 receipting, when do you think I should start worrying about my case, is there any way for me to inquire and how???????
Thanks in advance for your comments
Mailed N400 application on July 5th 2007 to TSC.
Check not yet cashed

Im really worried: Vermont Center

See signature

Reading the other Vermont Center N400 applicants i am terribly worried about my application. As tracking stated that , Vermont received it July 12 and up to now no official receipt yet, do you think they will entertain question regarding this issue over the phone????

Talked to CSC

The rep told me that it takes a month to receive the application receipt from the date check encashed due to high number of applications.

called Vermont Service Center

Mailed VSC: 07/24/07
Received: 07/25/07
Check cashed: 08/02/07

I am quite worried so i called VSC and was told that only after 45 days i sent the application and i dont receive any response from them , thats the time to file a formal phone inquiry. My case is 3 months prior to 3 years requirement for married to USC eligibity. I hope this is not the reason for the delay!!!!

Check cashed 8/2/07

Mailed to TSC:n July 9,2007
Received : July 12, 2007
Check cashed : 8/2/2007
Also to be continued...

Case status available online

My case status is available online but I have not recv filing notice yet.

To everyone fretting about checks not being cashed as quickly as before... I suspect the service centers have received a huge bolus of applications (of all types) in the weeks prior to the fee increases. Be patient, the government wants your money, they'll cash your check as quickly as they can.

After I posted the above (#31) , I checked USPS website ( I sent it 1st class with certified) for tracking and found that they delivered it today , I sent it from san jose on 27th Julsy , and took 10 days to reach CSA . Not sure whtere this is because I sent it cerified mail or their P.O.BOX was full

Delay in processing

My app was mailed out July 28 and received July 30. Cash has not yet been checked and I was worried.

But check this 8-03 dated press release. It gives the dates of which apps have been processed by their received date.

For Nebraska - the N400 has been processed till 7/23/2007

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes080307.pdf

Looks like they have been swamped with a ton more of applications by people like me trying to get in before the change in fee.

Not worried...

...even though my check has not been cashed yet.

Timeline TSC:

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Check cleared: not yet cleared (as of 08/09/2007)
Priority date:
Receipt notice recd.:
FP Notice recd.:
FP:
INT:
OATH:

Checks Not Cashed Yet...

Sent To Vsc On 7/27
Received On 7/30

I Have Sent By Certified...online Usps Status Shows Applications Received By Vsc...but I Haven't Received Green Usps Card That Vsc Suppose To Sign And Send Back To Me...

Any One From Vsc?

Mailed to TSC by Express mail on 7/16/2007
Received on 7/17/2007
Check cashed on 8/7/2007
I have not received my receipt notifice yet. I am worried. How can I get the case number from check? I am sorry, I could not find this information from my search on this forum. How can I check the status online or phone?

Why are you worried? If the check was cashed, they received your application. Your case number should be written on the check. It might not help you, though. The online case status system is notoriously unreliable. My case number never appeared in the online system, and I'm now a citizen. As I said above, the service centers were flooded with applications in July from people trying to beat the fee increases. Be patient.

Mailed my N400 to TSC on 7/16/2007. Check got cleared on 7th Aug. But I have not received a letter with a PD and the case number. Is this normal ?. Does it usually take this long to receive a letter ?. I cannot make out my case number from the check. Any hints?