Working for wife?

tapukakababa

Person "A" on H1B with 4 yrs of experience, Green Card filed, EAD received (both husband and wife), I-140 pending, Wife Dependant (has her own H1B), Wife opens a training institute.

1. Can "A" work for his wife and also get paid in check?
2. Can "A" have a second job in his wife's company and retain his original job?
3. Can "A" have a different occupation anywhere else on EAD not related to his original job role? and then can "A" get paid in check?
4. Can "A" work for his wife's company and instead wife gets the check or paid? Is that legal?
5. Can "A"'s wife open a company on EAD and also keep working on her H1B?
6. Can "A" and his wife after EAD work for 2 different jobs if the job description/roles are different?
7. Can "A" work as volunteer in his wife's company?
8. Can a software analyst working with a software company work as a trainer in a training institute on EAD with I-140 either pending or approved?

1. Can "A" work for his wife and also get paid in check?

Sure.

2. Can "A" have a second job in his wife's company and retain his original job?

Sure, and he should retain the original job.

3. Can "A" have a different occupation anywhere else on EAD not related to his original job role? and then can "A" get paid in check?

Yes, yes.

4. Can "A" work for his wife's company and instead wife gets the check or paid? Is that legal?

It's probably legal, but certain to raise questions and suspicions.

5. Can "A"'s wife open a company on EAD and also keep working on her H1B?

No, the EAD job will cause H1 status to terminate.

6. Can "A" and his wife after EAD work for 2 different jobs if the job description/roles are different?

Sure.

7. Can "A" work as volunteer in his wife's company?

Sure. I don't see why he'd want to.

8. Can a software analyst working with a software company work as a trainer in a training institute on EAD with I-140 either pending or approved?

Sure, the I-140 has nothing to do with it.