Working at non HPSA site while on waiver

m_img

Registered Users (C)
What are the rules for H1B in terms of place of employment? Let us say you work for an employer who have multiple sites. You're working full time at site "A" and then have to work a few days each month at other site(s).

On H1B application, it is stated the I'll be working full time at site "A". I know a lot IT consulting guys do this but their H1B might have different wording. In my case it has to be because of the waiver.

I'll be paid by the same employer. Sometimes it will be just call coverage and no extra pay. Now, do I need another H1B? If not, is there a magic number of weeks/months per year am I allowed to work other than my prime site?

Thanks,

H1 multiple sites on waiver

m_img said:
What are the rules for H1B in terms of place of employment? Let us say you work for an employer who have multiple sites. You're working full time at site "A" and then have to work a few days each month at other site(s).
>>>> not an uncommon scene. no problem. keep working. after all it is ur employer who has hired you and he has to certify that u r working full time (40 hrs) at the waiver site. :D

m_img said:
On H1B application, it is stated the I'll be working full time at site "A". I know a lot IT consulting guys do this but their H1B might have different wording. In my case it has to be because of the waiver.
>>>> yes. what's the problem?

m_img said:
I'll be paid by the same employer. Sometimes it will be just call coverage and no extra pay. Now, do I need another H1B?
>>>>preferably u should get an amended H1B. but get ur waiver approval and first H1 approved. Later you may file an amended H1B for the additional sites that were missed on the first H1 petition, else you might have to specify how much time u will spend at each location.

m_img said:
If not, is there a magic number of weeks/months per year am I allowed to work other than my prime site?
no magic number. Ur primary H1B job has to be the waiver job with 40 hours of work. all others will be H1b for part time work.