With RTD + GC; which schengen visa is faster to obtain in NYC?

Tom2008

With RTD + GC; which schengen visa is faster to obtain in NYC: Netherlands or France? And how long does it take.

Next Question, Germany still doesn’t need visa with RTD, right?

Thanks
T

With RTD + GC; which schengen visa is faster to obtain in NYC: Netherlands or France? And how long does it take.

Thanks
T

Germany still doesn't need a visa with RTD.

You should get a visa for the country that is your main destination. If you are spending equal time in both countries, get the visa of the country of your first entry. I don't suggest that visa processing times should be your decision driver.

Thanks
T

Be careful, however. This has been discussed multiple times on this forum. If you are going to the Netherlands but in fact your main destination is France, the border patrol officer has the right to deny you entry because you were not truthful about your travel plans and did what was easier for you and not what the law stipulates which is to apply for a visa at the embassy of the country that is your main destination.

If you have a job, the Dutch will give you a visa in less than a week. You must appear in person, though. I've heard the French sometimes give it to you on the same day.

It may depend on country of your citizenship. If you are from certain countries it me delay you visa issuance up to three weeks.