With AC21 being implemented, can we change jobs immed. after pp stamping?

vscwaiter10

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
    What do you think? Is it safe now to change jobs immeidiately after PP stamping.. Can the employer do anything? Are we safe now? Please respond..

No Title

This is a hot question. In my opinion I think changing jobs after you get the GC should be OK now with AC21 regulations. Just make sure the new job is in the similar lines of the current one. If a problem arises I think AC21 would be a basis for your attorney to fight your case and win. The INS is giving guidelines and at the same time is leaving some trails for confusion. We still need to hear from some of the attorneys on the web about their legal opinion. It is certainly a lot better than before.

No Title

What is stopping you my friend? In an empty free way, with a good classic car( BMW or Mercedes Benz) and a speed limit of 80mph, do you want to pull on curb and stop or will you drive at the full speed to reach your destination. If you get a better oppurtunity grab it, before it is too late, don\'t worry about the current employer, if he wants to fire you, he doen\'t think twice, & he does not have mercy, isn\'t it?
Harapattha

No Title

what if I don\'t have good terms with my employer..can he write a letter to INS, that I have quit the job immediately after PP stamping..
Also, I don\'t want to tell him about my new job..
is it okay if I take the new job, without resigning my old employer...
Guys are we 100% safe even if we don\'t have good terms with our GC sponsoring employer...

No Title

It would be safe to change your employer 90 days after stamping your passport although the employer is free to terminate your employment any time but if you already have your passport stamped then your are safe.

No Title

What will happen to the I140. If I change jobs after 180 days using a EAD, can the employer still revoke my 140 which might be a reason for 485 denial.

No Title

JJayalalitha !
Once you intend to change the job you have to inform the INS that you intend to do so and the employment letter and job description from the new employer. After that it doesn\'t matter what the previous employer does. The AC21 regulation will protect you. Immigration will ask the previous employer why he wants to withdraw the I-140 petition.

No Title

The rules are unclear even with AC21 regulations for post-approval candidates as there are no specific guidelines given.

It may be that you are required to stay with your current employer (whether it is the sponsoring employer or new employer) after GC approval so it may have been better to switch jobs before getting the approval to come under AC21

No Title

I changed my employer after 1 year of filing I-485. Yesterday my file has been moved to NY office of INS for scheduling of interview. I am wondering if any one else had a similar case.

Thanks.

No Title

Yes you can...
but with the economy...
Even if I get my GC tomorrow I would just stay
with my current job. Wise to be wherever you are rightnow...
than getting into a new job without knowing the actual situation
there....
this new ac21 rule helps a lot tho...

No Title

Same case here

ID :- May 31 1996
I 485 - Jan 2000
Change Job and Joined same client I have worked for 5 yr on Feb 2001
FL was done April 2001
RE was issued for original birth certificate and employment verification.
Sent RE on June 13 2001.
Waiting.

AC21 was signed by congress in Oct 2000. AC21 will protect you after 180 of your 485 if you were to change the Job.

If I140 approved and waiting 485 dates to be correct which is current now. PHs check with you lawyer before filling 485. Once you file 485 - 180 day rule will apply. Before 485 filling if you inform INS intent to change job and in same job category. You should be o. changeing job before filling 485.

I have changed job much prior AC21 memo or guidelines was released. Law states clearly with out any after of before time line. I don\'t think INS can add and change the Law they may interpret the law diffrently, If so they are chances of high number of law suits for the same.

This is my opinion and understanding. I have consulted my Lawyer. I would advice every one to do so before making any move.

Hope this helps