will this job affect my citizenship application?

huimeizheng

Registered Users (C)
I got my green card through extraordinary ability. I will have a temporary job as sales representative, that is selling toys in a store. I only need to work several days during the holiday season.

My question is, will this job affect my citizenship application? Since I got my green card throught extraordinary ability.

My second question is that do I need to write down this job when I filing N400 form. I will pay tax for this job, but it is only temporary and I only need to work several days. Do I need to write it in N400 form?
Thank you very much.

It's not the jobs you work that might cause a problem; it's the jobs you DON'T work that might be a problem.

In other words, if you have never worked in a job related to your extraordinary ability since obtaining the green card, that casts doubt on whether your ability is really as extraordinary as you claim, and such a lack of EA-related work could jeopardize your naturalization if you don't have a good reason. Working in side jobs or in-between jobs in addition to your EA-related jobs won't affect you.