• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Will there be a DV Lottery 2011?

John89

i mean i know its really early to ask but i found a thread about "Will there be a DV 2010?" and someone said "both the Dems and the Reps are against the DV program and there is a very high chance that they'll pass a bill to finish the DV program". it that true. i'm just worried because my this year (first time) application was bad because of the picture i submitted (don't know if i will get banned or what). so even if i don't make it this year i was thinking about applying next year. so what do you all think?

I reckon the new president will have enough of a job trying to steer the country out of depression. I honestly don't think that abolishing the DV will be very high on his hit list.

I doubt it will be cancelled soon. The economy is bad in the USA and the DV lotery is bringing a lot of money in for the government. They send out 100.000 NL and if they get 60.000 send back who all pay their fees and only like 42.000 get into the country...

Do the math and see how lucrative the lotery is. Out of the people who will be denied....all of them have already paid their fees otherwise they won't have the interview and wouldn't be able to hear that they would be denied.

agreed
Also I heard Obama Pushed Immigration bills to 2010 , because of the health and education bills

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the immigration reform must include eliminate DV. In the past experience, congress not very keen on DV or even they don't know what is DV.

Anyway, we should keep an eye on it, and I hope if anyone knows any congress news about DV, please post it here, because this forum seldom mention about it!

i am somali-man. participitaed 2011 Dv lottery so how long have i to wait the result of 2011 Dv lottery ?

I really hope they replace the DV lottery with a point system, which most 1st World countries use. Much easier to get it if you have a decent education or work experience...

Hi, there. You need to wait until somewhere between May and July 2010. The mail should reach you between at that time. Starting July 1st, you will be able to find out whether you were selected or not. Just go to the official DV Lottery website. You will find and enter your name and confirmation number and find out the result.

Good luck!

I really hope they replace the DV lottery with a point system, which most 1st World countries use. Much easier to get it if you have a decent education or work experience...

And/or maybe people who entered many times should have more chance than a person entering the first time and winning....but than it won't be a lottery anymore...:D

Hi, there. You need to wait until somewhere between May and July 2010. The mail should reach you between at that time. Starting July 1st, you will be able to find out whether you were selected or not. Just go to the official DV Lottery website. You will find and enter your name and confirmation number and find out the result.

Good luck!

It is officially release February every year and 1st letter sent from March - July. Time of delivery depends on the effectiveness of postal system in ur home country.

Good luck.

I think the DV lottery will continue. My view is America is a very diverse country there is a very good mix of different cultures. The DV lottery brings in 50 000 new immigrants from various regions in the world each year and that goes a long way in keeping the Country diverse. I do not think they are keeping the DV lottery going because they making money from it. America is wealthy and what they make from the DV lottery is might even be less than the budget of some college football teams... lol

Good luck!

pls can u kindly give the official site?

DV lottery will not be cancelled , at least not within 1/2 years, so there will also be DV 2012 and most probably 2013. Coz there are not enough support for immigration reform.

Hello Everyone

I want to know if there is anything like Denial after someone has been confirmed a winner already,if there is i need an instances on why there can be one.thanks