Will I get a Receipt Notice for Appeal?

NIW_NSC

Registered Users (C)
I sent my appeal for my denied NIW 140 recently to NSC. Should I be expecting a formal receipt notice or will they be intimating by email ? Also, I understand that NSC officer who denied my 140 first reviews the appeal and forwards it to AAO if they still cant grant an approval. Will I know when they do that ? emails?

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know

Thanks

Ideally anything you communicate with USCIS involving fees ...they shd send you receipt notice......my friends have got receipt notice for appeal in the past too!!

eb1doc said:
Ideally anything you communicate with USCIS involving fees ...they shd send you receipt notice......my friends have got receipt notice for appeal in the past too!!

Do they send the receipt notice to petitioner or attorney? Mine (NIW) is also sent to the AAO a week ago but have not gotten a notice yet.

NIW_NSC said:
I think in your case, your attorney will get it. Is your check cashed yet?

Good point! I should have checked it. Thanks for it. By the way, my attorney told me that the USCIS does not provide the receipt for the appeal. Not sure if this is correct or not.... anyone can confirm it?

LIN number

Hi Guys,

I received the receipt notice for my 140 appeal but it has a new LIN number and no longer my 140 LIN number. Does that sound right?

Thanks

NIW_NSC said:
Hi Guys,

I received the receipt notice for my 140 appeal but it has a new LIN number and no longer my 140 LIN number. Does that sound right?

Thanks

It sounds right. I was also told that my appeal LIN number received from the AAO is different from the 140 number I got from NSC.

I filed my appeal to the VSC on December 2005, and got a notice from them soon after. Then in January I got another notice saying that VSC has transfered my case to the AAO. Since then, never heard anything yet.
Does anybody appeal in recent months got any news from the AAO?
good luck to all.

rz5qrz5q said:
I filed my appeal to the VSC on December 2005, and got a notice from them soon after. Then in January I got another notice saying that VSC has transfered my case to the AAO. Since then, never heard anything yet.
Does anybody appeal in recent months got any news from the AAO?
good luck to all.

I'm also very curious about my application status filed to AAO... My case is little different from yours. My attorney sent the application directly to the AAO. He requested for a 60 days extension and did not request that NSC reviews the application. So, it's sent to the AAO at the end of March and we heard nothing from them since then. I heard some peple received the receipt notice from the AAO. How come we don't get it?

yes, that is what is worrying me. I heared nothing from the AAO while I knew somebody at least got receipt notice from the AAO.
Also, I checked the AAO processing time for NIW, it is marked "Current" for the month of April, do you what does this "Current" mean?
thanks!

I was told that current means within 30 days (or even 2 months). They begin to review your application immediately right after receiving it. But, I see many peoples in this forum still waiting for more than 4 or 5 months. Not sure if we can rely on their definition of "current."

you are right. My case was transfered to the AAO on January 19, but three month has passed without hearing anything.

appeal status

rz5qrz5q said:
you are right. My case was transfered to the AAO on January 19, but three month has passed without hearing anything.

Did you receive an email from CRIS after the AAO received your case such as "On xx, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete"

Case at Appeals Office AAO

HI,
My NIW case is at the appeals office since January 2006, I-290B, I 140 and I-485. What happens after let's say I get a denial from them too. Do we get a chance in front of judge? Do we get removal/deportation orders? Any answers for me please.

I am getting married next week and I am filing the I-130 this coming month and my hope is that my I-130 application does not get affected by my NIW process.

I applied for an EAD in January once they told me that my I-485 became active again.

Thanks my Immigrants to be friends.

Hello Sam877,
Not sure if there is chance after the appeal is denied, but I would wish you good luck! BTW, when did you file your appeal, and when was that transfered to the AAO? Did you get a notice from the AAO?
Is that the case that during the period that the appeal is in the AAO, the I485 is active?
thanks for sharing your info and experience.

Whats After the appeal at AAO

HI,
I appealed at the end of November through the VSC.

Currently My I-140 says On January 30, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

My I-485 says On January 19, 2006, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case.

As of today, I did not receive anything from the AAO, and believe it or not AAO is only 10 blocks away from where I live.

So once you get a denial from AAO, there is no immigration hearing with a judge. My question is what's after that assuming you have no plan B. I heard judges are lenient with people who have been in the US for more than 10 years in a legal manner.

FYI: As long as there is no final decision on a case, you can still apply for advance parole and EAD. Please see the Immigration and Nationality Act under adjustment of status.

Good Luck Friends

It is weired since I never heared anything from the AAO. The only notice I heared was from the VSC to notify me that my case was transfered to the AAO on January 18, 2006. I do not know if a notice from the AAO to say "your case is here for processing" is a necessary, or they do not necessary to send this notice to all cases? It is confusing and worrysome.
So if my case is in the AAO, then I can still apply for Advance Parole? But what if during my travel abroad my case is denied by the AAO, then can I still use the AP to come back to the US?
it is really tricky.
thanks and wish you good luck too!

AAO Appeals Office

Hi,
It is better to chill out in the Ol'US until everything is straight. I applied for advance parole in May 2005, but since I got my I 140 denied during that summer, they automatically put my AP in "Put on Hold" shelf, nonetheless they asked for pictures in September, I've been waiting since. But Ain't going nowhere at this point of time.

FYI: When my I-140 and I-485 got denied the first time prior to being sent to the Appeals office, I called an immigration officer about status and work eligibility. And trust me they dont know anything. One said that when your I-485 gets denied, you should stop working. Another one said that the law can be misconstrued. But legally even if you get denied, it is not yet a final decision since you are still eligible for the appeal.

Thank god to my background in Public Administration and research, I found out that I was still eligible.

In the immigration issues, you have to do your due diligence and all answers are on the Immigration and Nationality Act. And the federal register.

But I still don't know what really happens after the AAO denial decision.

For people who just received a denial and are allowed to appeal. Hire an attorney practicing in the Washington, DC area preferably with a law degree from George Washington Univ since people working at the appeals office are mainly graduates of GW. It is who you know!!!!

thanks!
I just called the National Customer Service number to check if the AAO has received the appeal transfered from the VSC, and the service representative told me that the AAO did receive my case. I am curious why I did not receive a notice email from the AAO.
good luck!