• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Will DV lottery be cancelled this year?

theolihp

I have entered 3 times without winning, I'm anxious Trump's administration will cancel this year's lottery. Please help me with any info. Thanks.

Are you getting HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED?
In that case you are simply not selected like the majority of us.
If you're having other messages or are unable to access to your results it's a technical problem.
Check other posts on this forum. Everyone is talking about it

I have entered 3 times without winning, I'm anxious Trump's administration will cancel this year's lottery. Please help me with any info. Thanks.
I just want to understand who told you that trump will cancel the dvlottery! And if he cancels, its not the end of life! So try not to worry that much!

I just want to understand who told you that trump will cancel the dvlottery! And if he cancels, its not the end of life! So try not to worry that much!
Because trump is standing against immigrants.

the oliph i think this lottery should be cancelled, take a look to this topic About Dv-2018 Lottery and Results the guy has a point.

Because trump is standing against immigrants.

the oliph i think this lottery should be cancelled, take a look to this topic About Dv-2018 Lottery and Results the guy has a point.

The president alone can't cancel the DV Lottery. Its a process that will take time in the case they decided to do it.

I read on the internet, the Republicans want to cancel the lottery. That's why I'm asking if anyone has any clear info of the future if the dv lottery

No that is not the honest answer. We do know - at least the short term. DV2019 cannot be cancelled. Beyond that - we don't know.

I read on the internet, the Republicans want to cancel the lottery. That's why I'm asking if anyone has any clear info of the future if the dv lottery

Yep, they've been saying this for years. It will go eventually, but the entire US immigration system needs an overhaul and it will probably go as part of a wider change to immigration categories.

The Diversity Lottery is not popular with either Democrats or Republicans. It hasn't been for years. This isn't a Trump thing. As Susie said, it will go eventually - no matter who is in the White House.