Wife's 485 application transfered to Old Local Immigration Office- what to do now

desi74

Registered Users (C)
My 485 application was approved on November 11 2004. However, I had also applied for my wife’s 485 application before I got mine approved. When I applied for my wife’s 485 application, I was in Phoenix. Last month, I moved to Maryland and we did update our address with INS. My wife also got a confirmation letter from INS about change in address. However, yesterday, my wife received an email from INS stating that they have sent her immigration file to phoenix immigration office. I called INS customer office and they informed me that INS local offices do not have any phone numbers. They told me my wife needs to write a letter to phoenix immigration office.

Could anyone please guide me on this issue. Should my wife write the letter or am I the one who should write the letter since she is dependent upon me.

Can anyone provide me sample letter. ( My case was filed from Nebraska Service Centre).

Please guide me as we are really disturbed. Thanks a lot.

Ram

could some one please help us......please answer the post if you could....thanks a lot...

Similiar question

I applied for I-485 ( Family based) at Houston Texas. The interview was held in November 2004. After the interview I was told that I would get the approval letter in the mail. Nothing happpend since then and then we moved to Connecticut. After we moved I received a letter at my old house asking me to go the local office for fingerprinting again as mine were about to expire.
So I went today to the Hartford CT office and got fingerprinted. I have also reported the change in address to INS.

I called Customer service and told them what had happened and asked them if my file would get transferred from Houston to COnnecticut and she replied Yes. I aske d her if my fingerprints results go to Houston? She said Yes for everything I asked her. I am not so sure that they are that efficient.

I have no idea what to do? Should I just keep waiting or do something?

RD:11/7/2003
Interview date: 11/09/2004

Thanks